Chapter Fifty-Nine

Lim Jae-Beom

Jae-Beom rested his hands on Deslani's waist before pecking her lips. He was letting her take his Jeep since she was going to go see her Dad it was the day before Christmas Eve and they barely were at the house. They were gift shopping for his dad and her dad.

"Do not crash my Jeep." He mumbled.

"Oh my god, I can drive thank you very much." She giggled.

Jae-Beom chuckled and threw his head back.

"I love you." He said.

"I love you too, I'll be back soon." She smiled.

Jae-Beom pecked her lips before stepping away from the car. She smiled before pulling off, Jae-Beom turned on his heels before going in the house.

"Dad." He called out.

"Jae-Beom, you're back already? Where's Deslani?" He asked coming from the living room.

Jae-Beom chuckled.

"She went to see her dad, I didn't think you'll be home." Jae-Beom said.

"Well I wanted to be here when you got home so I took the week off." He said stuffing his hands in his pocket.

Jae-Beom looked at him in shock.

"Has hell froze over? You take off of work?" Jae-Beom asked.

Jun chuckled and shook his head.

"Well I wanted to be here to spend Christmas with you and New years if you're staying until New Years." He said raising a brow.

Jae-Beom smiled and nodded.

"I will be here New Years." He smiled.

"Good, did you eat yet?" Jun asked.

"No." Jae-Beom shook his head.

"Good, how about I make us some Kimchi fried rice?" He asked.

"You haven't made that in years...since we were in Korea." Jae-Beom chuckled sitting at the island.

Jun chuckled as he began pulling out ingredients.

"Yeah it's been a while." Jun mumbled.

"Dad, when mom left...what happened?" Jae-Beom asked.

Jun sighed before glancing at Jae-Beom.

"I became an alcoholic, it isn't an excuse. There is no excuse for the pain and suffering you went through with me." Jun mumbled.

"The abuse...it fucked me up Dad. It messed me up bad, I became angry at you at mom at the world and I resorted to drinking to cope with it." Jae-Beom mumbled.

Jun tucked his lip in before nodding.

"I am so sorry, I am so so sorry and there is nothing I can say, do or buy to make that feeling go away. I can start with an I'm sorry, and I will always have regret for the way I treated you after your mother left." Jun sniffed.