Prologue

I suppose that I should start with a brief introduction of who I am, what's going on, and why I'm here. My name's Jack. I'm seventeen, fresh out of my GCSEs, and just hours ago I was on a plane to Tokyo.

The year is 2032, and for Japan, life could not be better. The place is a sublime, rich, expansive metropolis which is booming with popularity, culture and excitement. Along with that, Tokyo is the leader of the world's technological advancements. For the record, me and my family are moving to a place of dreams.

We did everything we could to find a decent place and settle down in Koenji, a place of arts and culture, despite our family's relatively low wages (however that is subject to change, seeing as my father is becoming the head of a large technology corporation next month) and slowly but surely, we managed to achieve our goals.

We mainly wanted to leave England because, quite simply we got very, very sick of it. To others, it might seem like a country fairly in order, however due to the way that the government has ran the country (as it has somehow done since 2016) and the now burgeoning living crisis. we decided that it was time to leave.

I left secondary school with seven GCSEs and a BTEC, and the moment everything was done, we all agreed to set off excitedly and have fresh starts.

And now we are here in what they call "The Metropolis" and I am extremely excited.

I am going to have to finish my education with two years in "high school" (basically, college) and even though most would be extremely nervous to start a new school, in a completely new country, however I don't really mind (seeing as I was bullied in my previous school by chavs and roadmen) and I've heard that the education system in Japan is actually decent.

Either way, in this wonderful metropolis, I doubt anything can really go wrong, and I am really excited for my future in this wonderful city.