Chapter 7 Fear

Chapter 7 Fear

Every night in the farthest place on the planet, Yim remained alone with all his doubt and fear.

Surrounded by the people who were strangers to him, he lay in that high room and found no sleep.

His thoughts travelled into the past, searching for the moment that led him here.

Sadness and anger wrapped their veils around each other, creating a vortex of restlessness.

The nights with all the other souls in the hall tormented Yim and he longed for redemption.

He hated feeling so small again.

After all, he had always had to be so vigilant as a child.

But in the mountainous forests of nowhere, he wasn't even allowed to keep his eyes open.

Blue.

This strange boy was lying right next to him, staring at him.

Until he was sure Brother Yim was safely asleep, Blue stayed awake, whispering his mantra to him inside.

"You are no longer alone. You won't be cold anymore! I am with you now!", Blue felt his soul whisper.

Brother Yim was to feel his aura protect him and float into the peaceful sleep of healing.

He had missed him greatly at the temple and was already looking forward to finding the nightly peace at his brother's side.

And when everyone finally arrived at their sleeping places, Yim was already lying down.

Blue slipped under his thin blanket and lay sideways to Yim.

His eyes were closed and Blue looked at his rising and falling chest.

Yim felt he was being watched even with his eyes closed and tried to feign sleep in calm breaths.

If Blue recognised him as being asleep, he would close his eyes himself.

A hope that turned out to be true.

With a smile on his face and the aura of love surrounding him, Blue found his rest.

Brother Yim was now ready to fall asleep relaxed after seven nights.

His life could now be allowed to rest with the love he deserved.

And Blue fell asleep and awoke because his soul began to cry out.

After Yim's ears witnessed Blue's regular, steady breathing, he opened his eyes and saw him sleeping.

And a lump of relief arose in his throat.

At last.

At last he was no longer seen.

He knew that.

No one and nothing was ever ready to see him.

He felt safer that way.

And his eyes surveyed the sleeping figure before him.

Blue's black hair lay softly on his perfect face.

Even in sleep, his full lips formed an enchanting smile.

Blissful and immersed in love, he slept, leaving Yim alone at last.