One - Road Trip

It's a week before me and a couple of guys from East High go to Camp Shallow Lake. Me and EJ are so excited but I can tell some of the guys are skeptical about the whole thing. I just hope they comes around. Mads has been texting me all week about us going and I have been even more pumped.

Mads:

OMG! I can't wait for you to get here! It's been so long since I've seen you in person

Sky:

I know, same! It's going to be amazing this year! 

But EJ told me your brother is coming this year? Who bribed him?

Mads: 

I know right! My dumb parents thought it would be good for him to go this year so I'm stuck with him the whole time like a baby sitter 🙄

Let's just say neither of us are happy about it....

Sky:

Well I'm sure it will be fine

Besides he's been nice to me when I see him over the phone 🤷

Mads:  

Jet, being nice? Do you live on the same planet? 

He will never change Sky, he's going to make the camp a living hell and that's exactly why I need you

The 

Whole

Summer.

~~

Now, a week later, I'm at Ash's house waiting for EJ to show up so we can leave for our 'road trip'. But because off so many people,  I have to take my own car but I don't care, it just means I can listen to my own  music. It really pays to have a rich dad.

Once me and Ash hear the honk of EJ's car we get excited and grab our bags. As we leave the house he honks his car again and shouts out the passenger window. 

"Let's go. Let's go! Last one in's a rotten egg. And that's no yolk." I roll my eyes as Carlos opens the door for Ash to get in the car.

I drop my bags on the floor and lean on the passenger window. I hear Ash moan and I look at Kourtney. "He's on a dad joke kick 'cause he's taking us all on  a road trip." Ash nods and shuts the door. 

"That is completely false, and I just have one question." He replies back then looks at the guys in the back. Kourtney leans in to listen and I sigh looking down at my feet knowing it is going to be another joke. "What's orange and sounds like a parrot?" He tries not to laugh and I look at Ash to see her shaking her head slightly and sighing. "A carrot." EJ laughs and no one looks impressed. 

Carlos looks at me then back at Ashlyn. "Is he okay?"  Ash ignores the question and grabs her seat belt. 

"Just for a final headcount who's not here?" EJ butts in and changes the subject. 

"Big Red's gotta work." 

"Sebbie's  gotta milk."

"Nini's with her moms."

"And Ricky's with.." Carlos tries to stay but EJ honks the horn.
We all look at him weird and Carlos bows his head.

"We don't say her name." EJ says bluntly and everyone looks around awkwardly. Ash puts her seat belt on and he continues. "And why are you all coming to the world's greatest camp for two weeks?" 

The three at the back huddle together and shriek. "Because there's a secret celebrity!" They all scream. They all laugh and EJ gets a bit sad. 

"Oh. I was actually looking for "We all love each other, and something, something Wildcats!"  He cheers to himself in the front and I give him a look and quietly laugh to myself.

"Yes." Ashlyn says and points to him awkwardly. EJ points back at her excitedly. 

"No." I then say and everyone looks at me. "I only came to see my second best friend in the whole world because I haven't seen her since last year. Well I texted and call and face time her but that's not the point." They all laugh and EJ gives me a smirk. 

"Wait second best friend? Am I not enough!?!" Kourtney leans back with shock, hand on her heart. I laugh and look at her. 

"Babes you are enough and much more. I promise." We then wink at each other and I look  back at EJ to see him with a smirk still. "What are you looking at Caswell?"

He shrugs and leans over to me and whispers loudly "Are you sure it's not to see your all time big crush?" I then hear a group of scream and squeals from the other three. I look  at EJ in the eyes and give him a 'you are dead to me' look.  Ever since I have been face timing Maddox her brother has been occasionally joining in and talking to me and I won't lie he is kinda attractive and ever since EJ told me he is going to be at Camp he hasn't stopped teasing me about it.

"Sky you never told us you have a crush, girl spill!" Carlos screams with excitement. 

I roll my eyes and look at them. "It's not a crush I have only seen him over the phone and haven't really talked to him that much I just find him attractive." I slightly lie and they all squeal again. 

"Girl this is how all relationships start. I have to text Nini!" Kourtney rushes for her phone and Carlos does the same with his. 

"I'll text Seb. He will be so excited that you finally have a crush." I roll my eyes and get of the car and pick my bags up off the floor. 

"It's not a crush!" I shout annoyed but I still have a smile on my face. 

"Gina, come on." EJ shouts out the window, changing the subject. 

She runs up to the window and I give her a big smile. 

"Okay braids!" Ashlyn says with a proud smile. Everyone oooo's at her and I open the door for her. She sits down and gets comfy. 

"What'd you wish for?" EJ asks her quietly but standing next to her window I can hear everything. 

She leans in and looks at him. "Well, if I told you that, then who knows what could happen?" She then leans in and kisses him on the cheek.  

"Okay love birds break it up we've got a camp to get to." With that I wave at everyone and get in my car, place all my stuff on the seat next to me and roll the windows down. I can see all of them getting excited and can hear them playing What Time Is It on someones phone.

I start my car as EJ starts to drive away and I follow behind him playing my music. I can see their arms out of the car and dancing from my car.  I just vibe to my music  until EJ pulls over so I follow and see them all getting out and switching seats. I laugh and start my car again and follow.  The second time they do it I kick EJ out and take his car and he goes in my car with some protest and we continue our drive. We jam out to the music, taking pictures and eventually pull over because Carlos wants a video. We all get out and line up to do a little dance. I end up doing a back flip which surprises everyone and turn around to see EJ back in his car and I stick my tongue out at him and get back in my car to finish the rest of the trip. I notice the guys stop so I pull over and we take a picture with the sign that says 'Camp Shallow Lake'. Once we make it to the camp we park our cars and get out with our stuff and walk over to the entrance. We all stop to look at everyone around and see how many people actually showed up this time.