Three - Rommies!

Once we make it to the cabin we step in and they all look around at our room. In the room is me, Kourtney, Ash, Gina and two others but I can't remember who.

"Oh! This is deeply round." Kourtney says kind of unimpressed.

I laugh and walk over to my top bunk and throw my stuff up there.

"Six sides is some next level feng shui." I laugh at her and smile.

"And some zero level privacy."

"Wait. Okay." We all huddle together to hear what Gina has to say. "Should we spread out our bed assignments or do the new-girl cluster?" 

I look at them and give them a big smile. "Enjoy it while it last because as soon as you get used to it, it will disappear just like that. kinda like EJ's duke letter." I whisper the last part to myself as a bad joke. The girls get excited and kourtney rushes to the bed underneath mine. as the other two fight over the beds.

"Wow. Guys, I can't believe so many of us showed up for this." Gina laughs and looks at the girls.

Kourtney puts her hands on her hips and smiles at her. "Yeah. I mean your boy EJ talked about a pretty big game. I was expecting you know more a four seasons-y vibe."

"He gets so excited when he describes camp. And the only reason I never joined him is 'cause, I spent the last six summers LARPing in Minnesota." We all give Ash a weird look then I burst out laughing. "Live-action roleplay? Anyone?" We continue to give her a look and I sigh.

"We're gonna learn a lot about each other this summer aren't we?" Kourtney cringes and I give her a small yup.

"My best character is a sewing wench from Gondor." Ash looks at us and I burst out laughing again and jump up onto my bed.

"Okay, I'm gonna check out the restroom." Kourtney walks over and makes a noise. "Oh! And Now I've done that." She walks away from the bathroom and I laugh again. 

"Come on. Kourt. This is gonna be a great summer. This guy I know promised." Gina tell her and brags slightly.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy for Gina and EJ but when you have to see it all day every day rubbing in your face it gets boring quick.

"I'm glad you've got someone here, but Howie's off to college, Nini's on the road, my mom's a little too old for camp." Kourtney lists off and I sigh and jump down next to her. I'm seriously going to get a workout just from that.

"And we'll be right beside you every day." We all hold hands and huddle together in a hug. 

"Besides I'm here, your best friend." We smile at each other and lean our forheads together.

Suddenly our door opens and Maddox walks in. "Yes, my ladies in the Honeycomb. Once again, I'm Maddox." I rush at her and tackle her in a hug. 

"I didn't know it was you in here!? I thought you moved after last year." She gives me a sly smile and I stay by her.

"I thought your name was Gadget?" Gina asks with confusion.  

I laugh and cross my arms to see how she will respond. I love when someone says this. There is always one person. "Ooh! No, yeah it is also Gadget. Yes, my  camp name. Everyone gets one. It's super fun. Just like how Sky's is firecracker."

I smile at her then look at the other two. Gina has a slight bit of jealousy in her eye and I can only roll my eyes again. "Oh um, that is actually my bed. Yeah, I made some deep memories in that one over the years." 

I look at Kourtney's confused face and  help out a bit. "Yeah sorry kourt I would have said that earlier if I knew Gadget was still gonna be in here but if you go to the other bed then we can be in direct eye view." She gives me a smile and we both laugh.