Five - Director

The next morning we all wake up excited because of what happened yesterday. Gina left early, probably to see EJ, but we didn't say anything. Then we hear the bugle and hear Gadgets voice shout through the camp.

"Rise and shine, newbies! You're on Shallow Lake time now. Whoo!" A downside of being roomies with Gadget is waking up earlier than her horn. She thinks it's fun to wake everyone up in the room as she is getting dressed because she likes to talk about the day to someone.

~~

We are all sitting on our beds while Gina sorts hers out and Ash is still raving about the show.

"I can't believe we're actually gonna be in this documentary. And to be directed by Mr Chad Danforth himself. Okay, one could say the stakes for auditions have never been higher. And one will, I will. The stakes have never been higher." Ash rants on top of her bed.

I lean against the wall with my little stuffed duck close to my chest. "I know right. My childhood crush and younger self is screaming to be let out. I mean I was OBSESSED with Chad, he really did not get enough screen time."

Kourtney has her hair up and is putting lip gloss on when she speaks up, "I think I'm having withdrawals. I mean, this is the first day I haven't had a headache in my entire life." Kourtney rambles quickly and I let out a laugh but cover my mouth just as quickly.

"Isn't that a good thing?" Ash asks confused.

"NO! I don't know who I am without screens." Kourtney screams back in terror.

Gina then stands in front of Ash and Kourtney. " I'm just gonna let it be known that I'm going for gold at auditions today. I'm finally ready to play the lead. No apologies, no prisoners." She tells everyone with confidence and I roll my eyes.

Sorry but you can't get everything you want. It just doesn't work like that.

"Sounds like you brought Gina 1.0 to camp," Ash says skeptically.

"No, Look okay, I loved auditioning with you guys last year and we're still, a tercet, and still I'm sorry Sky we didn't include you," Ash smiles at Gina and I sigh.

"It's fine. I didn't want a big part, it's not like it is my favourite movie ever."

SOOO I was a bit sad when my friends decided to be a tercet and audition together, they didn't even consider me as a fourth option. And yes I didn't want a big part but it doesn't mean I didn't want a part at all. I ended up being the dog foot stall. How does that happen!?!

"But I just feel like I need to stand on my own this summer, you know? Especially with the whole documentary thing. Like, that could literally be our future." Gina continues her little speech.

"Stop reminding me I'm going to go into another panic attack." I whine and hug my duck tighter. Kourtney looks at me with sympathy as she knows how it feels.

"Okay 1.0" Ash says slowly and throws her pillow at Gina. She scoffs and looks at Kourtney.

After our little talk we all got dressed into our outfits. I decided to go cute but casual and I don't wear makeup because you know natural beauty. I pick out a grey top a pair of jeans and a black leather jacket to tie around my waist. I then put trainers on and make my hair wavy and we all leave our room.

Me and Kourtney decide to head over to get some breakfast together and then talk for a bit before auditions start. Once we all walk into the barn we see a table in the middle of the room and chairs to the side.

"Okay, I will say, for a barn, wow." Kourtney says to everyone with shock.

"I know right. I've been here so much and still get shocked." I say to her.