Thirty Five - Emotional Day Part 2

Gina looks at us after telling her story and Kourt pipes up. "So if Gina didn't tell Ricky to publicly sing to Nini, he wouldn't have gotten Troy." She explains in realisation and we all look around shocked.

"But if Ricky hadn't mentioned he was auditioning, Gina wouldn't have shown up period." Ash adds and I scoff.

"This is like murder she wrote." Miss Jenn says and I nod.

"I don't really know what's going on, but this is incredible." Maddox says and I laugh at her as Ricky walks over to Gina.

"Are you saying you tried out for the show because of me?" He asks her and I roll my eyes. Did he not listen to a word Kourt and Ash said?

She then shrugs and looks at him, "You had a vibe. I had an instinct." Ricky looks at a spot next to her and takes it in.

"I need to sit down." I then stand up from my spot and give him my chair and walk over to Jet. He gives me a small hey then I sit down in the chair he is leaning on. "It's true then. I wouldn't be here if it weren't for you." Gina then crouches in front of him.

"Well, I could say the same." Miss Jenn wipes a tear out her eye and I smile. "You know, Miss Jenn you're the one who brought us all together."

"That's not true. You'd be here with some other drama teacher." She says and I laugh and lean on my knees to look at her.

"Actually no we wouldn't. have you not been listening to us? You have become like a mom to me and EJ. You saved Carlos and showed the rest of the group who we truly are just from one musical. If I don't say so myself that is what a real teacher is." I say and she wipes a tear away again.

"Actually wait, you never told us how you ended up here or why." Ash says walking up to her and I stand up to following.

"it's not important." She says and walks away from us. "What about Sky. You haven't told us a story yet...." I sigh and look at her.

"Mine will never be heard." I argue and she sighs.

"We'll be the judge of that." Maddox says and I laugh.

Miss Jenn turns to her, "Be nice Maddox. Gina is the intimidating girl around here." She looks at her and she shrugs. We all stay silent and she begins to tell her story. "It was one month before school started last year." We all smile triumphantly. "I was still living in a neighborhood of New York City called Hoboken." She sighs and crosses her legs. "It was the day of my audition for Wicked and I was trying to focus when Alyson Reed sat next to me. I instantly recognised her and spoke up. She tells me she only takes selfies with children then I explain the High School Musical thing to her and she remembers me. She told me how she remembers me screaming and how she thought someone had died and I told her I might have slightly overreacted after Kenny cut my line. She tells me a fact and then she says how it was showbiz that we both ended up there. We both say each other roles and I tell her how it was my 7th call back. I then tell her how I didn't know if I wanted to even walk through the doors because once a girl threw up all over my sheet music and body and I told her how I was wondering if I have something more than an actor and she tells me to keep my options her. I then say how it was weird that we saw each other again and how my mom called me about a job opening at East high for a new drama teacher. I tell her how my mom wanted me to apply and Alyson said 'The universe works in mysterious ways' and she tells me I should do it. I tell her how I'm not a teacher but she reminds me how I gave a pep talk to a girl who puked all over me. She then says 'That is the heart of a teacher, in my book.' I told her I didn't know what musical to direct and she gave me a look and it clicked. She tells me to stick to the stuff I know and then tells me to trust the process."