Chapter 2. Hashira

Over the next few days you were able to walk but needed someone to walk with you in case you lose your balance. That person was Kanae. She wanted to repay you for saving her life in any way she could. At it worked for both of you. One day you were talking with Kanae about why she wasn't being sent on missions, when suddenly a Katsuki crow came in. "CAW KANAE AND Y/N REPORT TO MASTER UBUYASHIKIS CAW." You both made your way to Master Ubuyashiki. You walked up the path and turned a corner. There were people already waiting it seemed. You walked up with Kanae as they took notice of her then you. "Who the fuck is that?" A man with scars on his face asked. "Who are you?" A boy who looked to be 13 asked the scarred man. The man with scars pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed. "Sanemi, Murichiro. Sanemi!" He seemed like a very mad character. The boy didn't seem to notice as he stared into space. "You must be the flamboyant Y/n!" A man who looked to be 6 ft tall commented. He hair light colored hair and gold bands around his arms with a diamond headband. "Tengen do you ever not say 'flamboyant' or 'flashy'?" You followed the voice to a tree. There was a man sitting in the tree with a mask covering his mouth wearing a black and white Haori with a white snake around his neck. "I think it's a very interesting choice of words!" An energetic girl said smiling. "Mitsuri you always say that." A man said next to the tall man. This man looked huge. He had to be at least 7 feet tall. He had prayer beads in his hands and had no pupils. "I know Gyomei!" The girl said happily. "Hello Tomika~" Kanae said seeing a depressed man at the end. He scoffed before waving back. "Ah you don't know anyone yet do you?" Kanae said to you as you shook your head. "The one in the tree is Obani, the man with scars all over is sanemi, the energetic girl is Mitsuri, the blind man is Gyomei, the one with a diamond headband is Tengen, the boy who is staring off into space is Murichiro, and the sad looking one is Giyuu. And just arriving is Rengoku!" "Good morning young Kanae and friend!" Rengoku said loudly passing by and sitting next to Tengen. She finished pointed to each person as she said their names. "Hey I'm not sad looking." Giyuu protested. "You are." Obani said bluntly. "So who's this weak looking shit?" Sanemi asked. You sighed taking out your notebook. I'm Y/n wish I could quite literally, say that's it's nice to meet you. You finished as you looked to Kanae. "Ah yes! Don't worry Y/n-San!" She said as she gently took your notebook reading what you wrote aloud so everyone could hear. "Ohhhh are you mute?" Mitsuri asked looking like someone killed her family in front of her. You nodded. "What good is a demon slayer when they can't even fucking talk?!" Sanemi questioned as Kanae handed you back your notebook. "I have to agree with sanemi...just minus the rudeness...if your out fighting demons with someone how do you communicate?" Tengen asked as Kanae sat you down in between him and Mitsuri. I don't. I prefer working alone. Helps me focus better. You finished as Tengen read along. "Huh well you do you." Tengen shrugged. "Quick question. When was the last time you heard your own voice?" Obani asked from the tree. You shrugged. Maybe when I was...7? You thought for a bit, then held up 7 fingers. "Ohhh that's so sad! You couldn't say anything for...wait how old are you?" Mitsuri asked. You sat for a minute and held up a one then 7. "Wow! How do you get someone's attention then?!" Rengoku asked loudly smiling. You shook your head and jotted something down in your notebook. I was never one to seek a conversation. I usually try to avoid being talked to. You then laid your notebook on the ground so that he could read it. "Would you want your voice back if you could get it back?" Mitsuri asked. Would I? I've lived longer being mute than I have not being mute. You shrugged. "How did you even lose it in the first place dipshit?" Sanemi questioned. You wrote in your notebook: Training. That's all I'll say to you. "Haha! Keeping secrets from Sanemi is flashy!" Tengen piped in. "What's a secret?" Murichiro asked. Sanemi just facepalmed. "Ugh what breathing style do you use?" Sanemi asked. You shook your head. "What? You aren't going to tell me?!" Sanemi raged. You nodded. Then pointed to Kanae. "What?" Sanemi questioned. "I'm the only one, aside from Shinobu-San who know what breathing style he uses.~" She said smiling. "Hello my children." A voice suddenly interrupted them. It seemed that everyone was suddenly bowing, as two twins led a man who's face was a bit veiny next to his eye and was blue. You were the only one sitting. Even Murichiro was bowing. "Oh? I thought you were still in your coma Y/n." He said noticing you. "Stop sitting and bow. Now!" Sanemi fiercely whispered. "Now now Sanemi, calm down." Ubuyashiki said gently. Sanemi didn't have any other comments. "I've heard about you Dragon Breather." Ubuyashiki smiled. "HUH?!? DRAGON BREATHING!? WHAT IS THAT?!" Sanemi yelled as he was no longer bowing. Ubuyashiki ignored him. "I also heard what you did to save Kanae in the final selection. As so I wanted to thank you in person." He continued. You nodded, you reached for for your notebook but he cut you off. "You don't need to write anything. You deserve something for your kindness. But first I want you to show me if your worthy of this reward." You looked at him confused.

"Ah yes allow me to elaborate. I want you to demonstrate Dragon Breathing."

A/n: a silly little part 2
Words: 1039