Chapter 20. Arc 3. The aftertaste of dreams part 2

The area around you exploded and Akaza punched you back. You could feel your body become limp as memories flashed in your mind.

Flashback
"You dumb kid! You're a thief!" A man shouted grabbing your collar. "I-I'm sorry!" You cried. "Where's your parents huh?! First you run around starting fights with people, hurting them and then you steal from my store!" The man yelled. "M-my parents aren't with me! There at home!" You said tears flowing down your face. "Then I'll take you to the police!" He said dragging you to a building. "No! No I'm sorry I won't do it again i pro-." You were cut off by him slapping you across the face. "Shut it!"

Flashback
"That kids a murderer!" A man yelled as a crowd formed around you and the dead body. You quickly fumbled for your notebook but got shoved to the ground and handcuffed. "Listen kid! Your a murderer! Your going to jail for a long time!" A man in blue said grabbing your arm.

20 minutes later

"Isn't that kid a little young to be in jail?" An officer asked looking at the boy. "Yea but he murdered someone in front of everyone. He hasn't spoken yet." You weren't cuffed anymore so you decided to run. You snatched your notebook from the man's hands and dashed out the door into the woods. "Hey! Get back here!" The man shouted. I can't go back to Tanjuro! Not back to Kie! Not back to Tanjiro! You thought as trees hit your face as you ran through the woods.
Flashbacks over

You flew back your ears ringing from the explosion landing on the ground. The world around you started to blur. But you couldn't help but smile. Kanae...wait for me a little bit longer....I deserve this...You closed your eyes as you felt the world around you disappear. If there was a single thing I regretted....it would be pushing everyone away....I'm sorry...I'm sorry Tengen, Obanai, Muichiro, Gyomei, Sanemi, Master Ubuyashiki, Mitsuri, Obanai, Rengoku...Tanjiro, Nezuko...Shinobu...

I'm sorry Kanae...I'm sorry I couldn't save you...

"Y/n-Kun! Wake up!" You heard a familiar female voice say. You open your eyes and saw. Kanae smiling at you. Your head was resting on her lap and the area around was a snowy forest. Your eyes widened and you gasped lightly. "Y/n...you can't stay here...you realize that right? You can't stay here with me...at least...not now..." She said sadly as she stroked your hair. "What? Why not?" You asked confused. "Well...you can stay here for a bit longer but not forever...it's not time for you to die yet..." She said. "Kanae....when I die..." You paused. "I'll be here waiting for you. I promise." Your eyes watered. But I won't...You thought. "But you can be here for a little longer!" She said smiling. "We can go somewhere special!" Kanae said helping you up . Kanae held your hand and lead you through the forest. "Where are we going?" You asked her. She just looked at you and smiled. "You'll see!" She replied. You and Kanae reached a clearing and the world seemed to change. Kanae stopped and you did as well. You looked around. There were cherry trees with flowers all over. There was a waterfall and a large lake that had lily pads with large flowers coming out of the water. "Woah..." Kanae smiled. "I knew you'd like it!" Kanae ran into the field spinning around in the flowers laughing. "Come on!" She said smiling. You ran out to her laughing.

"Y/n-Kun...what will you do when you go back?" Kanae asked as you both sat on a hill watching the sun set slowly. You paused for a moment. "I'm...not sure...but I know what I'm going to do or die trying." You answered. "Huh? What do you mean?" Kanae asked. "It's a secret." You said smiling. Kanae laughed lightly. "If you say so." You sat a few minutes longer when something happened. You looked at your hand it was slowly disappearing and then it followed down your arm. "Your returning..." Kanae said sadly. "I'll have to wait a bit longer huh?" She said smiling and hugged you. "Kanae...I love you." You said as your whole body disappeared.

Your eyes flashed open and you sat up. You looked at your hands and saw a great amount of blood on them and on your body. You looked around and saw that you were still on the side of the train. However in the sunrise there were some figures. You tried to stand but stumbled to the ground. Shit! Definitely broken bones! You took your sword off your belt and set the bottom of it on the ground and slowly standing. You slowly walked forward holding your side as you used the sword sheath as a cane. With every step you could feel the pain increase within your body. "Ta-...Ren-..." You tried to say but you were to weak. Zenitsu turned around and you saw he had tears flowing from his face. You then saw Rengoku bloodied and beaten in a sitting position on the ground. In front of him in the same position was Tanjiro. Tanjiro was crying his eyes out. You then saw that Inoskue was crying. Your eyes widened as you realized what had happened. You kept moving forward until you reached Tanjiro and Rengoku. You kneeled down clutching your side and you hugged Rengoku. "Ren-....go-goku....pl-please....rest..well..." You said weakly. "Y-Y/N-SAN! Please stop moving! Your wounds will reopen!" Tanjiro said concerned. Hoshi hissed sadly as he slithered off you and onto Rengoku. The stars on Hoshi glowed for a few seconds then dimming again. Your hand went to your mouth as you fell to your hands and knees coughing. "Y/n?!" Zenitsu cried. You coughed into your hand then moved it away. You saw a greater amount of blood on your hand and there was now more blood around your mouth. Your vision started to blur. "Kopomahi! We need to get him to Sinognity!" Insokue said. Your eyes closed and you felt your body fall.

"Y/N-SAN!"

A/n: sorry for not writing sooner I've been busy with like 5 essays in the first 2 weeks of school
Words: 1071