Chapter 5. Doctors orders part 2

Kanae POV
"That's possible?" Kanae asked hopefully. Aoi nodded. "It's a delicate process though." She admitted. "How do?" Kanae queried. "Well if we aren't careful it could end up permanently damaging his vocal cords. And if that happens there's a chance that we damage his throat, causing him to have trouble breathing." Aoi explained. "We should let Y/n decide. After all we shouldn't make choices for him." Kanae stated. Aoi nodded. Aoi then turned to the door and walked out, but Kanae stopped her. "Aoi...do you think...Y/n has PTSD?" She asked. Aoi turned to her. "What do you mean Kanae-San?" She asked. "I um...was looking through his notebook and...he was accused of stealing...and there's a stain of....blood on one of the pages." Kanae stated. "Well...it's possible...if he does I wouldn't send him to the store. At least not alone." Kanae nodded and Aoi walked out Kanae soon following closing the door behind her.

Y/n POV
You awoke in your bed. You head still hurt and the feeling in your stomach has gone down a bit. Then a knock on the door. "Mr. Y/n?" A familiar voice asked. "I'm going to come in ok?" A few seconds passed giving you time as Aoi entered. "Kanae-San had me look you over. Your quite Ill. However all you need in enough sleep, enough water, and enough food." She said setting down a glass of water. "Also..she wanted me to check your vocal cords. And I found that there is a chance to fix them. But...it's a very difficult and precise surgery. And if done wrong...it could cause you to have trouble breathing." She explained. "We wanted you to decide if you wanted to go through with it." Aoi said looking at you. You looked at her with a hopeful look. I might be able to talk...but if it goes wrong...I'll struggle to breathe...You thought about it. "You don't have to." Aoi stated seeing the look on your face. You reached for your notebook. Aoi had then handed it to you. As you opened to a new page. I'm unsure. I'm aware of how big of a choice this is. I'm drawn to it not so that I can speak but because my sister always had wanted to hear my voice after I lost it. Aoi read it and nodded In response feeling a bit sad from the sentence. "Just think about it. Like really think about it." She said as she closed the door behind her on the way out. You sat there deciding to think it over the next few days. I should clear my head. You thought reaching for your drawing notebook. You flipped through the pages and stopped at the picture of Kanae. I feel weird...but not in a sick way...whenever I think of Kanae or talk to her...I feel...light in my stomach...You shook the feeling away and started to add much more detail to the already very well drawn picture. Before you knew it 2 hours had already passed. Suddenly lightning flashed as thunder clapped in the sky. You looked to the window and saw rain slamming against the window. You got up from bed and walked out of your room forgetting to close the door. And walked down the hall into the kitchen. "Hmm? Oh hello Mr. Y/n." Aoi greeted as she finished making dinner. "Your just in time for dinner!" She said enthusiastically as she put bowls around. However she put down an extra bowl. You looked at it confused. "Ah! Shinobu-San invited a friend over." She explained. That would explain why I haven't seen her much recently. You thought as you sat down. Suddenly the door opened and Shinobu came in dripping with excitement. "I can't wait for you to meet Y/n-San! He's so nice!" Shinobu said happily. "Yea I know you have been talking about him for the last 10 minutes." A lower bored voice sounded. They walked into the kitchen with Aoi greeting them. "Hello Mr. Tomioka!" She placed the cups down and poured tea in each of them. "Giyuu this is Y/n-San!" Shinobu told the sad looking man. "Hi I'm Giyuu Tomioka. Shinobu has told me a lot about you." You laughed a bit smiling. "Yes we know I could hear Shinobu-San down me the road~." Kanae's voice sounded from the hallway. "Also Y/n-San I think you might need this." She handed you your dragon notebook, smiling as you took it in both hands. You nodded . Then looked at her questioningly. "I found it in the hall~." She answered. You opened the notebook and flipped to an empty page. Hello Giyuu Tomioka. I am Y/n. I assume you keep Shinobu out of trouble. Or is it the other way around? Giyuu laughed a bit. "It's mutual." Shinobu looked at Giyuu. "You know that's not true." She teased. "Ara~ are you going to talk or are we going to eat?" Kanae asked laughing slightly. Everyone sat down and started eating. Everyone but you. You only sat there and prayed, eyes closed. I only pray when it's raining during dinner. You remembered your family's odd tradition. You didn't like it at the time but now you've grown to appreciate it. I pray for all who have lost their way to find a same place to stay tonight, as the thunder and rain are a way of bringing people together. You finished praying and opened your eyes beginning to eat. After a bit of talking there was a knock on the door. You stood up quickly assuming your new sword made of obsidian had arrived. You opened the door and saw 3 little girls who looked to be triplets. "Please sir may we come in? It's so cold out." You nodded and moved letting them in. You took off your Haori and wrapped it around the three. And led them to the kitchen. You tapped the wall getting everyone's attention. "Oh my! You three must be so cold!" Kanae said standing up. She went to the wall and opened a drawer, taking out a big blanket. One of the little girls handed you your Haori back as Kanae wrapped the blanket around them. You folded your Haori and set it on the floor out of the way. "Are you feeling any better~?" Kanae asked smiling. "Y-yes t-thank you!" One girl replied. "I'm Naho, this is Kiyo and Sumi." The girl explained. "I'm Kanae, this is Y/n, Shinobu-San, Aoi and Giyuu." She pointed to each person when saying their names. The triplets warmed up and Aoi made them some food. As everyone headed to bed you realized you left your door open and your drawing notebook open. You quickly closed the book and then closing the door flopping into bed. You could hear Aoi humming. She was probably humming to Naho, Kiyo, and Sumi. After a few minutes you heard the door closed. You got up and opened the door walking into the hall. "Oh? Mr. Y/n what are you doing up this late?" Aoi asked. You handed her your notebook with 7 words on the page.

I've decided. I want my voice back.

A/n yes I made you read all that for an answer you already knew.
Words: 1259