4. Devarishi And His Divination

The outskirts of Yogibana

The unified sounds of chanting mantras could be heard from a distance,  even before you enter the forest.

At this time the VayuViman carrying, the king of Sashibana and his attendants, was hovering outside the forest waiting for the right time to enter.

As soon as the sounds of mantras slowly dissipated in the air, two young boys,  dressed in white came out of the forest. The bald boys, the disciples of Devarishi came to greet the king.

"May this young disciple know,  who the king wants to see? " asked one of the young boys on the right.

"The king wants to consult with  Devrishi Arya. " replied one of the attendants.

"Please come this way. " the boy on the left made a gesture of inviting them in.

The king and his attendants walked down from the Vayuviman after it landed on the ground.

Following the two boys the king and his attendants walked into the forest.

Along the way passed by many other disciples were performing their duties such as; exercising weapons,  reading books, and treating animals.

After walking for a while they stopped in front of a big wooden house, surrounded by trees and heavenly birds. 

The house was made of wood and clay.

The surrounding was quiet and peaceful.

The two boys then invited the king to their master's adobe while the attendants waited in the courtyard.

The King walked into the adobe and saw Devarishi Arya and his wife Sulekha.

Devarishi was sitting on a bamboo mat on the floor and turning the pages of a book placed on the desk,  while his wife Sulekha was preparing a garland made of scented white flowers.

As soon as Sulekha saw the king she smiled warmly and got up to leave the space for the two of them to talk.

"I'm aware of the king's intention for this visit" Devarishi spoke u hurriedly,  as he beckoned him to take a seat in front of the desk.

As soon as the king sat down,  the place immediately changed to a sky filled with countless stars,  planets, and moon.

In each direction, there were many racks containing varieties of books.

Devarishi lifted his right hand and a book placed at the topmost corner floated and gently landed on Devarishi's right hand.

"Name?" asked Devarishi as he lifted the golden cover of the book and turned to a page.

"Agyeya." replied the king,  respectfully.

Devarishi chanted a mantra and a pen made of elephant bone appeared out of thin air. The pen color was a mixture of white and bloody pink.

Devarishi noted down the name and waited for the answers as surrounding planets,  stars, and moon keep changing as if traveling from one galaxy to another.

After waiting for an unknown amount of time,  Devarishi looked up at the king with a solemn expression on his face.

Looking at the Devarishi's reaction,  the king's heart tightened immediately.

But soon the anxiety dissipates,  replacing it with bewilderment,  as he listens to what Devarishi spoke next.

"This person has no star,  planet, or moon under his name.  He does not even being to a specific Gana but he is still recognized by this realm and space.  Tell me how can a normal human have these conditions?"

"How is that possible?  I brought him here, and I have watched him grow from an infant to a man,  how is he, not a human?" asked the king with a shocked expression.

The king's reaction is reasonable. From a mere human to the most honorable heavenly emperor, everyone has a designated star. That makes Agyeya an outlier. But, the most unbelievable part is, there has never been an outlier in this whole existence.

The shock was not only because his existence was being questioned but also because he felt panic thinking 'What if he disappeared one day? Where could he find him? What will he do?'

.....
Looking at the disappearing back of the king of Sahibana, Devarishi shook his head twice with an unknown meaning.

"Don't know what the emperor is thinking but he must have a reason to grant him the chance of reincarnation," Devarishi muttered to himself.