9. Death

It was an ordinary day, just like any other day. the farmers went on to their fields, the fish went to fish out the net and the women were busy in the kitchen or tidying up the animal shed.

The weather was a little cool, the gentle breeze brushed the green trees and the branches swayed in response as if the wind was whispering some faraway messages.

It was such a sunny day when Siddharth's grandma called him and Mina into the room asked about their daily routine and asked for a cup of water.

Throughout their conversation it seemed like she was getting better but Siddharth was keenly aware of something, so he brought a cup of water mixed with Basil Leafs.

Grandma also praised Siddharth for being wise and sensible. She drank a little water and returned the earthen cup to Siddharth.

Mina was not as experienced as Siddharth so she was unaware of the situation. She was quite happy seeing her grandma gaining a little strength to speak clearly.

Soon after Grandma finished speaking, she closed her to rest. there was a smile at the wrinkled corners of her lips.

"Brother let's go outside, let's not disturb Aai's rest." Mina spoke as she stood up and was about to go out when Siddharth pulled her little hand and said "Mina. Aai has passed away. you stay here with grandma and I'll make other arrangements."

Siddharth's words were like thunder to Mina, she was stunned for a moment then yelled weakly "Brother what kind of nonsense are you talking about? Grandma is just sleeping look..." Mina said while looking at her grandma. She stretched out her hand to shake her shoulder gently, and without getting any response she looked at Siddharth hoping that he could assure her that she was alive.

Looking at Mina's appearance Siddharth's heart ached. he stretched out his hands and took Mina into his arms. he gently comforted her by striking her back without saying anything. 

Although Siddharth was already prepared for it at this moment he felt sad. he was not even that sad when he was plotted to be killed by his father.

"We still have each other, don't cry Mina." Siddharth comforted Mina who was crying silently and sobbing nonstop.

At this moment few women who were neighbors with them had already gone to call their husbands for help.

Slowly the villagers entered Grandma's room. the man took away Siddharth and the woman and Mina stayed to dress Grandma in a proper look before the funeral.

Siddharth carried Grandma to the funeral place with other villagers. according to the rules, Mina could not go there so he stayed with the women of the village.

Since Grandma had no biological children, they could not burn her body, so they buried her together with her belongings.

The death of their grandma would surely change their life so he cannot stay here anymore. although the villagers are friendly to him they still don't accept Mina so it will be hard for her to live her life like this and he cannot abandon her. thinking of this Siddharth changed his plan immediately and thought of setting out on the journey to Trishala earlier than planned.

By the time he returned home, it was already late at night. he thanked those women for taking care of Mina and carried her into the side hut where Mina's room was.

He put her on the bed, lighted the oil lamp, and looked at Mina's reddish eyes and thinned face. he caressed her cheek like he was wiping the tears on her although the tears had already dried.

He spread the bamboo mat on the floor to sleep, he didn't go back to sleep in his room so that he could be there if Mina needed him anytime.

As expected, Mina did develop a fever overnight. Siddharth boiled the most common fever medicine at home and fed her.

The next morning although Mina's fever subsided she had no appetite which made her weak. 

To divert his attention, Siddharth told her about his plan.

After hearing her brother's plan Mina was shocked, she thought that her brother was going to leave her too and tears rolled down her cheeks as she choked while speaking. she asked her brother in a pitiful tone whether he was going to leave her alone in this village.

To which Siddharth replied "How can I leave you alone? I was going to ask you, whether you want to go with me or stay here with the master. I will ask the master to take care of you if you stay here."

Listening to her brother's words Mina wiped away her tears got out from the bamboo bed and walked into Siddharth's arm, hugging him tightly she replied "Brother take me with you, I will be obedient and never complain just don't leave me alone. okay?"

Looking at Mina who's just 12 years old, asking him almost pleading, to take her away how could Siddharth deny her? also, Siddharth was vaguely aware that Mina was afraid of being left alone. since she was a child without grandma or him, Mina was always afraid of something if she didn't know where he was going, and she could not call anyone else her family.  

"Okay. let's go together," replied Siddharth and patted her head to comfort her.

After staying for a month in the village to settle their grandma's affairs they were ready to leave the village and head out for Trishala.

journey to Trishala may be dangerous depending on the situation and attitude of the people he had trusted. 

But one thing Siddharth is sure of is that no matter what he will take back what belongs to him and won't spare anyone who plotted against him even if it is his father.

So, after a month of preparation, along with Mina, his brothers, and his teacher's aide, Siddharth set out for Trishala kingdom, the kingdom of unique weapons and architecture. 

A/N: there are no fixed schedules for updates, just for the time being but I will try to post one chapter after 8 days at least.  

also, I wanted to ask, whether I should write some more in one chapter or if is it fine as it is.