10. greed

humans are inherently selfish, like animals humans also have some primitive desire to dominate, to own, and to mark their territory. years of education and cultivation can make a human being truly human but there are still some people who let alone; good education or wealth of the whole world presented in front of them, it's still not enough for them. just like the king of Trishala, Makarand. 

Makarand the king in his earlier reign was capable and diligent but soon all these changed as he started coveting the queen's family technology and their craftmanship. 

he was not satisfied with the queen's family for possessing the core position in weapon manufacturing and ship buildings. 

the queen's family Sujan family is not the typical patriarchal family, rather it's a mix of both, depending on the head of the family. 

in Sujan's main family, most of the women are involved in weapon development. however, the queen is an exception she is most attracted to art including music, sacred sacrificial dancing styles, and different types of instruments, including domestic and foreign culture.

this made the queen's mother worried. at that time, she was the head of the family looking at the daughter who was more inclined towards art, she was worried that she wouldn't be able to protect herself and take on the position of next head of the family. later she shared this concern with her friend, who later suggested that she should teach her poison skills. the queen was also fascinated by the use of poison. whereas some poisons were deadly some poisons were quite amusing to her' as they can change one's appearance and voice.      

the queen' unlike her brother and sisters who preferred their partner to be strong in terms of personality, strength, and intelligence, preferred her husband to be romantic.

at the time it was quite rare for a royal descendant to be romantic by nature as they were trained to carry out the duties of a royal family and they were rigid.

But the second prince was an exception, he was weak since birth and his responsibilities were not that heavy, he was mainly responsible for maintaining the rituals and welfare of the royal family.

the second prince met the queen on a hunting tour where both fell in love with each other at first sight.

the queen's mother had no such intention of marrying her daughter, but she had no choice but to agree to her daughter's demand.

over the years the second prince's attitude changed drastically. 

he was aware that he could not fight against his brother and even the queen's family wouldn't help him, so he married the daughter of the general under his brother's army. 

together with the general he planned to kill his brother and he succeeded in doing so by poisoning his armor which was made by the queen. the armor was coated with poison which can kill people within an hour of contact with the skin without any symptoms.

but he still wasn't qualified to be the king as his son was still more qualified than him and was already named wise, powerful, and a qualified leader by many elders, sages, and ministers of the court.

so again, with the general's help before the coronation of the new king he used the poison invented by the queen to paralyze him, and during the offering ceremony to the god. he used the poison made by the queen to make the elephant crazy and released the animal to kill the new king to be. Although Prince Makar had the plan to kill the young boy the elephant kicked the young boy who was only 10 years old at the time, down the cliff where the boy drowned and the coronation ceremony turned into a mourning day for the whole kingdom.  

Because there was no dead body the the boy was declared missing instead of dead but Prince Makrand was still happy with his achievements.

the king had used her poison to kill his brother and son, the queen was unaware the whole time she did not even discover the situation of the previous king's body until she talked with her brother four years later when she discovered the strangeness of the armor. the inside of the armor was usually layered with gold but the inside of the king's armor was faintly brownish red upon the golden layer.

hearing this the queen who had not yet recovered from the sorrow of losing his son started doubting everything that had happened previously.

the king's indifference towards the missing case of his son confirmed her greatest fear. by now she was sure that all these years there was no actual effort from the king's side to find their son.

so, the queen started to form his plan and implemented it as soon as possible. however, she was reluctant to give her son's killer an easy death. She was waiting to enjoy the scene of pain that the king would feel after losing his beloved concubine and son. slowly but surely, she will torture them to death.

the queen used her natal family to find the prince, but it was difficult to find him again for some reason. the queen was sure his son was not dead as he was as strong as a tiger at the time and could easily defeat more than fifty soldiers alone at the age of nine. he had a strong physique incomparable to any human or beast and his body was already poison-resistant as she had been feeding him poison from a very young age.

she is sure that her son will be found thus she has not yet killed them all. they would be handed over to her son, and as long as her son returned everything would be fine. with this hope, she is waiting for her son.

.

.

.

A/N: I wanted to write it in detail but then had to cut this as short as I could otherwise the plot would be gone and I would have nothing left to write. lol?