Karaoke

Karaoke night is in full swing, the vibrant lights and energetic music filling the room with an infectious energy. Our group is a mix of laughter and camaraderie, with everyone taking turns singing, dancing, and cheering each other on. It's a carefree atmosphere, a temporary escape from the intense world of "Scream 7" that we've been immersed in.

As the night unfolds, I find myself sharing glances and inside jokes with Jack, our connection more apparent than ever. We've perfected the art of subtlety – stolen glances when we think no one's watching, lingering touches disguised as friendly gestures. It's a delicate dance, a secret that only we share amidst the revelry.

Jenna, who seems to have taken on the role of matchmaker, nudges me with an impish grin. "You and Jack are awfully chummy tonight."

I raise an eyebrow, feigning innocence. "What can I say? We make a great karaoke duo."

She chuckles, leaning in closer. "Uh-huh, sure. Just remember, I've got my eye on you two."

I roll my eyes playfully, secretly grateful for Jenna's friendship and support. "You're imagining things."

The next song begins, and Jack and I find ourselves near the stage once again, the familiar notes of a catchy pop hit filling the air. The crowd dances and sings along, and I can't help but get caught up in the infectious enthusiasm.

As the chorus approaches, Jack grins at me, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Come on, Elle, let's give them a show they won't forget."

Before I can protest, he takes my hand and leads me onto the stage, the spotlight focusing on us. My heart races, a mixture of excitement and nerves coursing through me. The music swells, and we launch into the song, our voices blending in a surprisingly harmonious duet.

The crowd's reaction is immediate – cheers, whistles, and applause filling the room. Jack and I share playful smiles as we dance and sing, our chemistry undeniable. In that moment, it's as if we're the only two people in the room, lost in the music and the connection we share.

As the song reaches its climax, Jack pulls me into a spontaneous spin, our bodies moving in perfect sync. It's exhilarating, a rush of adrenaline that leaves me breathless and exhilarated. As the final note fades, the applause is thunderous, and I can't help but laugh, feeling a sense of euphoria wash over me.

We step off the stage, the crowd's excitement still buzzing in the air. Jenna approaches us, a knowing smile on her face. "Well, well, well, what do we have here?"

Jack and I exchange a quick glance, our secret shared between us. "Just a killer performance," I reply with a wink.

Jenna raises an eyebrow, clearly unconvinced. "Uh-huh, sure. Well, keep up the 'killer' teamwork."

With a playful pat on my shoulder, she walks away, leaving Jack and me to exchange a mixture of relief and amusement.

"Smooth save," Jack murmurs, his lips close to my ear.

I chuckle, feeling a flush of warmth. "You're not so bad yourself."

**Liked by Ellepeirce, Conangray, Nevecampbell, Sabrinacarpenter, Masonknight, Jennastewart, Lianarose, and 1,245,678 others**

jackchampion:  Who needs a record deal when you've got the mic skills? #RockstarsInTheMaking

*View all 523 comments*

ellepeirce: Oh come on, Jack, we all know I owned that stage! 😉
jackchampion: Keep dreaming, Elle! Maybe one day you'll catch up!

conangray: Seriously, guys, I need an invite to these epic karaoke nights.
^Ellepeirce: definitely