RESTLESS

"oh, eunji..." yuna grumbles, blinking as she tries to wake herself up. she'd been awoken by eunji's crying over the baby monitor and was trying her best to get out of bed.

"it's okay, baby." mingi groans, pulling away from the woman and rolling over to get out of bed, "i've got her you stay here."

"no, min. it's okay." yuna denies, already falling back to sleep, "you take her every night, i'll do it."

"go back to sleep, yuna." mingi chuckles, quickly making his way over to her side of the bed and leaning down to kiss her forehead. "you need to sleep, i've got it."

"only if you're sur-..." she doesn't quite finish the sentence before she's fast asleep once more, snoring quietly as mingi leaves the room with a smile.

he makes his way to the twins' room, carefully opening the door and hushing eunji as he walks in, "hey, baby. it's okay. don't cry, princess." he coos as he leans over her crib and carefully lifts her into his arms. "calm down, beautiful."

after about thirty seconds of trying to calm her down, he leaves the room to avoid waking hakkun and instead heads to the living room. he takes a seat on the lounge, laying eunji on his chest and flicking the tv on, pressing play on some show he and yuna had been watching earlier.

about two minutes later, eunji had calmed down and was peacefully snoring against her father's chest, he soft breaths tickling his neck slightly.

another few minutes pass by when mingi picks up on the quiet footsteps in the hallway behind him and he holds up a finger to let yuna know to be quiet.

"mingi, what're you doing? it's been like ten minutes, is she not sleeping yet?"

the rapper looks down at the girl on his chest with a smile before turning back to look at yuna. "she is but i don't wanna get up and wake her. i'll come back in a couple of minutes, go back to bed."

he hears her huff and whine quietly before her feet begin to shuffle closer to him. "you come back to bed, it's cold." yuna whines, now standing behind him.

"baby, i can't," he sighs, looking up at his girlfriend who was already staring at him with a pout, "eunji will wake up. you go back to bed and i'll come in a bit."

he gives her a small smile and she stops pouting, quickly letting her hand slip down to his chest as she leans over to kiss him. "okay. just don't be too long, okay?"

"of course. go back to bed, gorgeous." he smiles when she rests her forehead on his in embarrassment, gently tapping his cheek with her fist.

she then turns on her heels and slowly shuffles back down the hallway to their bedroom, closing the door behind her.

"okay, princess." mingi sighs as he turns off the television, "time to go back to bed."

the girl whines and wriggles around which has mingi immediately ceasing any and all movements.

"please, don't wake up." he mouths to himself, even holding his breath in fear of waking the girl.

after a moment of wriggling and whining the girl stills and mingi sighs, carefully starting to get up from his spot. when he scoots to sit on the edge of the lounge, she wakes, crying loudly as mingi sighs in defeat.

"do i have to sleep out here with you again?" he mumbles, sinking back into the lounge once more, "you know eomma hates it when i don't come back to bed. please, angel, just let me go back to bed."

the girl continues crying loudly and he winces as he desperately tries to hush her. when another, quieter, cry sounds from down the hallway, mingi huffs, turning around to find the bedroom door slowly opening and yuna groggily standing at the end of the hall.

"i've got him, don't worry." she yawns before softly padding into the twins' room. she returns a moment later, a whimpering hakkun in her arms.

he smiles softly as she moves to sit beside him on the lounge, lifting his arm for her to tuck herself under. "how do you always get him to calm down so quickly?"

yuna shrugs a little, looking down at her son as she yawns, "guess he just likes me more." a tired grin stretches across her lips as she looks up at mingi and he can't help but press his lips against hers tenderly, savouring the short kiss before focusing his attention on eunji once more.

the girl had quieted, her hand somehow finding its way into hakkun's.

"like mother, like daughter." yuna chuckles and mingi looks at her with furrowed brows. "i can't sleep without my best friend by my side and neither can she."

mingi chuckles at this, leaning down to press a kiss to her head. "good god, i'm in love with you, yuna." he mumbles against her hair.

"holy fuck, i think i'm in love with you too." she giggles, eyes glued to the boy in her arms.

"we're going to have to do something about that vocabulary of yours." mingi smiles and yuna raises a brow at him. "i will not have either my childrens' first words being 'fuck', 'shit', or 'boobs'."

"i don't mind," yuna shrugs and mingi's jaw drops in shock, "i mean, they're gonna say the words anyway. i'd rather them learn when it is and isn't appropriate from me. i won't pretend there are certain words that don't exist just to hopefully end up with angel kids who never swear. people who don't swear freak me out."

she shivers comically and mingi laughs quietly. "you're insane, you know that?"

"i may have heard that about myself once or twice before." she chuckles and mingi laughs again.

"wow..." he whispers after a few moments of comfortable silence.

"what is it?" she whispers back, cuddling in closer to his side as her toes begin to get cold.

"i really am... completely and entirely in love with you." he mumbles, gently resting a hand on her cheek to which another tired grin stretches her lips.

"i love you too, min." they lean in for one last, short kiss before yuna rests her head on his shoulder, letting her eyes fall closed and her breathing slow down.

mingi sits for a few more minutes, gently bouncing eunji in his arm as he watches yuna sleep until his eyes become too heavy to keep open and he lets his own fatigue wash over him, dragging him into a deep slumber.

...

AUTHOR

i can't lie i'm in love with this
chapter

it's like barely relevant and
there was supposed to be
more to it but idk i like it
just how it is

so yeah

as always i hope y'all enjoyed
it too

if you liked this chapter
please feel free to check out
some other chapters perhaps
of other books and be sure
to like comment and subscribe
to my channel for more chapters
like this one

UNTIL NEXT TIME

peace&love

*epic outro music*