First Meeting

"Bolded"- English

"Bolded"- English

"Normal"- Japanese

"Are you sure it's such a great idea? I mean, you did wait for six years but I have a feeling it won't go so well," I say, as we wait for him to arrive.

Who, you might ask? Well, no one else but Ranpo Edogawa himself. My brother has been obsessed with him.

Actually, obsessed with beating him.

Now it sounds even more confusing, am I right? Alright, I'll explain anything.

I start off with my name. Y/n Poe. That's the name our parents gave me.

Yes, our parents. You see, I have an older brother. Edgar Allan Poe. He's a detective. And a writer.

I just have to be his younger sister. There's four years age difference between us, me being currently 24 and him being 28.

Oh, and I guess I should also mention that we're in an affiliation called The Guild.

We're from America and every one of us has a thing called Ability. It's basically a superpower.

My brother's ability is called Black Cat in the Rue Morgue. It's a long name, I know, but his ability is noteworthy.

He can trap people in books. Quite literally. But the books have to be murder mystery novels, otherwise, it won't work.

Aaaaand, the person he's going to trap inside there, has to read the book at that moment.

He's also the master architect of The Guild. I'm his mere assistant.

Of course I have some kind of power as well. I wouldn't have been accepted to The Guild otherwise.

My power isn't as cool as Edgar's but I still like it.

I call my power Darkness in Night. It's weird, I know, I know.

But it's quite easy to understand. I can put people to sleep and show them their darkest fears.

The problem is, I have to be in physical touch with those I wanna put asleep. And it works only once a day per person, five people a day.

The most time I could pull it off is about 4 minutes for a person. Not much but enough to make them shiver in fear after they wake up.

Anyways, back to the present, we are waiting for Ranpo Edogawa. He's the man who 'beat' my brother six years ago in some kind of battle.

Edgar has been writing his own novel for the past years and finally finished it, now ready to invite his rival to show it to him.

Well, his plan is to trap him inside the novel but the other man doesn't need to know it.

"Oh, shush, Y/n, dear. It will go very well. I can finally show him what I'm capable of," my brother answers, the corners of his mouth twitching, as of wanting to form a smile but something is holding it back. Maybe he's thinking about my words.