It Wasn't A Dream

"Bolded"- English

"Bolded"- English

"Normal"- Japanese

~Y/n's POV~

My eyes snap open and my body jolts forward, sitting up.

I look around and see my own room.

Okay. I guess that was a nightmare.

Ranpo didn't kidnap me and I'm still at home.

I don't know what I would have done if it was real-

"Ah! Y/n, dear! You're finally up again! I thought that I hit you too hard and you died on me!" I hear his voice.

This wasn't a nightmare.

Fuck.

"Ranpo-san. What is going on?" I ask, being calmer than I thought I would be.

How did I ask this without stuttering?

I don't even feel any fear in my body.

Something must be wrong with me.

"Yesterday you put on quite the act," he lets out a sigh, leaning backwards on his chair.

"But it was me who you were trying to fool. I guess you should know it wouldn't work," Ranpo says, his voice slightly darker.

I don't know how I can hear that or anything but yes.

"Why are you doing this? What did I ever do to you?" is my next question.

My voice is still waaay too calm for this.

"You should know by now. You weren't even sleeping yesterday when I talked to you," he chuckles, now leaning closer.

"You said how Dazai wanted to take me away from you when we were only talking. And you said that you want to kiss me," I start, my breath finally hitching.

"So you do remember. Well, let's leave that behind for now," the man sighs once again.

"What do you mean?" I ask, confused how can he say it so easily?

"I mean that I made you some food. Here," he says, picking up a tray from the bedside table.

I didn't know how hungry I was before he brought the topic up again.

"I'm not hungry," I simply say.

How the hell should I have known that this could make him angry?

"I made this food for you. You should be thankful and eat it," he says, staring at me intensely.

His green eyes are still gorgeous.

I should probably fear for my life right now but it's not there.

This kind of emotion basically left my body.