The News

"Bolded"- English

"Bolded"- English

"Normal"- Japanese

~Y/n's POV~

My morning starts off like always.

There is nothing out of the ordinary.

We made up with Edgar yesterday and didn't talk with each other for the rest of the day.

I would like to believe that we're on good terms again and our life will continue as normal.

But of course, I cannot be so sure about any of this.

Anyway, moving on, I decide to change my clothes and then head down to the kitchen.

But like yesterday, I didn't expect today either to see Edgar downstairs.

This time, instead of being in the kitchen, he is in the living room and the TV is on.

"Ed? You're downstairs again? I almost never saw you anywhere away from your room in America yet here you're almost always in the kitchen or living room when it's the morning," I ask and he shrugs.

"Well, I'm collecting inspiration. You know, not all books can be written when you're always stuck in one place," I don't see his face but somehow I know that he rolls his eyes.

"But you never watch TV. Why did you decide to do it today?" I'm curious as I go and sit down next to him.

Right now, food can wait a bit.

But only a bit.

"I turned it on by accident. I literally sat on the remote," he shrugs before continuing.

"But when I wanted to shut it, the news just started and there was a house burned down," he starts but I have already sat down next to him, nailing my eyes to the TV.

"It was here, in Yokohama. Police say it was an accident. There was only one person in there when it burned down.

Actually, the house was really old and no one else even went close to it.

The man who lived there was an alcoholic and smoked.

So he probably knocked over some drink he had and then a match he lit flew in there, making the house burn.

There was no DNA discovered but they're quite sure that it was the person living in there," he continues.

"You really are a detective," I chuckle making him sigh.

"I'm no detective anymore. I decided that my destiny is writing books for Ranpo-san," he says dramatically, making me chuckle.

"Yeah, sure whatever you say," I roll my eyes before standing up and going to the kitchen and fetching myself something to eat.