[140] •Narration

West Coast
(Manila-Cavite RD)
January 12
17:10

It was a comforting silent long ride for the both of them. It takes to get an hour and 8 minutes ride as they took 3 stops just to fill up his gas and bought some food for them later. Gene was the one who kept asking her if she was comfortable seating along the back of his motor since Hira is currently wearing her short dress. The fact that she was wearing another heel, Gene knew that his girlfriend wasn't expecting a long ride yet she still came.

His thoughts have been flooded since the last argument he had and the only thing that keep him sane was only her. Gene doesn't need any words as he already knows what to do next and what he'll tell. It is just that, he still slowly touching those lines so that Hira won't feel guilty and uncomfortable. Just like how he was sure about counting each hour, he knows how Hira will listen to him in a more patient manner.

His left-hand falls to her hands that holding onto his waist as he softly rubs her palm. Hira did feel the sensational feeling assuring her that made her relax. Gene was driving one hand due to him, holding her. Using the side mirror, he took glances at her. And when he saw Hira smile despite wearing the helmet he bought only for her, his hand returned to his left handle as he drove at the same speed.

Her lower hair was blown by the strong breeze caused by the motor's speed as she hears the wave whispers through her ears. She gasps in amazement as her eyes look fixedly along the shore. She knows that Gene wanted to go somewhere and for the past couple of days, Gene had been taking her to different spots where he only knows. However, going near the coast was totally unexpected for her. She wasn't really a fan of oceans as it clearly stated that she doesn't know how to swim. Besides that, she hates getting soaked, and the only option she does when going to the beach was to walk in the sand and let her feet feel the heat. But as of the moment, the tranquil deep blue waves that crawl up against the stones sound music to her. 

Hira look at Eugene who just turned left; a much smaller road and much closer to the shore. His speed became slower as he park to the side nearby nowhere but the sand. Takes off his helmet and then proceeds on looking at Hira as he unbuckles the helmet for her. Once he takes it off, Hira watched his hair dance through the wind and gently brushes it while he fixes the helmet on his hand. The act did make him pause and remembers something very much familiar— then, he smiled.

"Gutom ka na. Kumain muna tayo." He didn't need to ask her as he already knows if she was hungry or not. Taking the bags with the food inside, they walked along the sand.

"Do you always go here ba?" 

"Hindi madalas. Ngayon nga lang, ulit tapos kasama ka." He said, then smile.

Hira watched him walked and stop when he found a good place for them to sit in. For a second, Hira begun thinking on how other people thinks that his boyfriend looks mean. It's understandable to get that as their first impression of him. But kepting those first impression last until now? Just, how? What beyonds her eye right now was a Eugene who seemingly like a kid who looks at every spot as if there's difference in each area at the shore. He will ask her if she's fine seating there or if not, he'll fine another spot. Checking her up if it's itchy or if it's hot in that area. He didn't get any blanket so he proceed on taking some Banana leaf just nearby and make it as their food blanket. He always kept assuring things. Trying everything he knows that there's still improvement and keeping her as his priority,一 it's sweet.