Understanding The 7 Colors of The Spectrum with Eugene Yves B. Ventures

Red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet一 Seven distinct colors that the spectrum has. Colors that derive visibility from light as they offer each different wavelength accordingly. Seven colors not only provide rainbows as a sight to see, but also differ in human capabilities for making symbolism, visuals, and expressions. It is true that colors influence things in certain ways; ineffably, they work in mysterious ways as they give an infinite variety of emotions that can be forgotten yet that people vividly remember as soon as their eyes lay on a certain palette.

A vibrant palette that ubiquitously evokes chaos in every wave spectrum brings them to life, and thus, for me.

Red

The longest wavelength can also be compared to feeling the heat. A burning color that is known to be a danger and anger yet surprisingly, passionate and strong. I have known someone who can be passionate and can be dangerous at the same time. Passionate about how she will speak up to her audience despite the nervousness she's feeling beforehand. Passionate about how she draws sketches a hundred times because lack of creativity (her words but her works are always wonderful). Passionate about helping herself cope with every darkest and burning misery she had for 20 years. Passionate to standing up and being bold to criticize people when it is needed. On the other hand, I know that it is dangerous when she already puts red lipstick on her lips. I remember how she loved using scarlet, ruby, and cherry specifically with her eyelid as she partnered those with her white eyeliner一 oh god, it still lingers how ethereal art that would be.

It is still pinned on my memories how her eyes sparkle wherever a shade of red appears. Your words are imprinted bold as red. You kept telling me how red wasn't your favorite nor least interest yet it kept bringing attention to the way the shade seems shouting at you. I joked and told you that maybe it's your personality that resembles red that's why it is calling you. It mesmerized me how you pulled those grins on me using that tint of blood on your lips and how your cheeks turn red whenever I praise you— it's lovely.

I, therefore conclude, that loving her was red. Not that her wavelength was burning me negatively. It's just that her boldness gets me weak under my knees.

Orange

In the visible light spectrum, the orange wavelength is wedged between the fiery embrace of red and the brilliant zest of yellow. No wonder it weaves warmth when the portion of its spectrum ranges from 590 to 620 nanometers. The comfortable heat touches your bare skin in the first ray of morning light as the skies brush the soothing orange hues. You already know that there's paint of sunrise awaiting一 I love it.

I love it especially when the gentleness of morning reminds me of you. I love it when it reminds me how your smile radiates the same way as the sun shines on me. I love it when those rays embrace me the way you do. I love it when the sun whispers my soul through those beams to wake me up knowing I'll have another day with you. And most of all, I love it when both sunrise and sunset reappear and disappear with its tender orange tinge; Both promising people that they're coming back once one disappears. Just how I love you assuring me every flicker of seconds that you'll never disappear.

Yellow

Yellow, is the dazzling color that dances between the sun's warm embrace and the cheerful exuberance of a daffodil field. In a shade of tired dusk sky and its chaos of analogous scheme, yellow was the one that flashed the most aureate light through the hint of darkness. Like a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day, it is an eye-catching color that gives off a vibrant energy that is hard to ignore.

It is the color of the Sun in the universe. The color of lemonade and mangoes. The color of capsicum and butter. The color of butterflies and sunflowers. It's the color of laughter and optimism. The color signifies people's enthusiasm. The color of sulfur emits blue flames. It is the color of your smile when it is smiling for me. The color of your dim lights at night since you hated them too much white lights. The color of my camera flashes on your angle every single time. It's the color of your favorite used temperature when editing a place you go to. The color of the duck that you found in Palawan during your vacation. The color of the mango shake you drank last October that you hate because it's sour. The color of the lobe and helix ear piercing accessories you gave me that night in November. That color of flowers you randomly gave me that time after my shift and told me that pink ones are currently unavailable. The color of the spotlight that shines on you when we both walk down the post of your street. It is the color of how your mood suddenly turns to excitement whenever you want to tell something about your day. The color of the scrunchie that I gave you last night. It is the color of your eyes when it glimmers whenever you feel love. It is the color of all memories I cherish with you— all golden. The color of sparks you gave me the first time you held mine. And lastly, it is the color of the name I gave you, Shine.