Breaking Rules, Noses, and Glass

Making Hell a home was difficult. 

Not only did most of the Yardale kids have trouble getting along, but Damien's strict rules for staying in his castle were stirring up much confusion and anger. The interesting thing was the fact that it wasn't even one of the more problem-inducing ones angering Damien the most. It was Gary. 

One time, Gary was simply minding his own business sitting at a table and praying. "God, please give me the strength to deal with the death of my family." 

"Hey." Damien suddenly interjected. "Don't talk to that guy. The man upstairs is not permitted in this household." 

Somewhat shocked, Gary questioned, "Am I not allowed to practice my own faith here?"

"Nope." said Damien. "It gives me a headache. Do it somewhere else." A little bit disappointed, but still wanting to respect Damien's wishes, Gary left and continued his prayers elsewhere. 

Another time, Gary was trying to do something nice for everyone by cooking dinner. After he took the food out of the oven and served it, Damien suddenly spoke up. 

"This is seriously undercooked." he said. 

"Really?" Gary asked. "It looks like it's cooked just right."

Everyone at the table seemed to agree with Gary, which severely agitated Damien. "This is literally raw. It has to be a little bit burnt or else it's not good." 

"Why would you want it to be burnt?" Gary wondered. 

Damien just shrugged and got up from the table. "That's just how Hell food is." After Damien left, Gary simply sighed and ate his food. 

Gary was not the only person causing problem's in Damien's home. Mark, being the person he was, had been causing problems as well. 

"Gosh," Mark, making sure not to say 'God' whenever Damien was around, said, "aren't you all just so happy that Gregory is gone? He was so irritating." 

Hearing this controversial statement and immediately being overtaken by anger, Mole walked up to Mark and gave him a harsh punch across the face. Leaving everyone else in the room shocked, Mole simply stomped off to his room mumbling curse words. 

"What the hell was that for?" Mark questioned, horrified.

Damien huffed, unhappy with how Mark used the word 'hell'. "Don't phrase it like that." 

Without providing Mark an answer, Estella joined in on the drama and gave Mark a quick slap across the face, then followed Mole out of the room. 

Mark's jaw dropped. "What is up with you all today? All I did was make a statement about my former arch nemesis. I'm allowed to have opinions without people almost breaking my nose." 

"Probably not opinions like that." Rebecca quietly suggested. 

Finally, someone causing problems in Hell was none other than Damien himself. One day, he stood inside of his castle looking outside a window. He was deep in thought about how he would save Pip from the horrible people who had him kidnapped. 

Just then, he thought he saw someone. He wasn't entirely sure if the person was outside the window or a reflection behind him. Startled, Damien without thinking punched the window and shattered it, causing many glass shards to fly everywhere. To Damien's surprise, though, when he looked around, no one was there. 

"Sir? What happened here?" a working demon suddenly asked from behind Damien. "Did you just break that window?"

"Uh, no." Damien quickly replied. "I just found it broken here. Somebody should fix that." 

Before the demon could ask any more questions, Damien immediately ran off. That night, he was unable to sleep. He couldn't calm down, as all he could think about was whatever it was he saw in the window. 

Throughout the first week of staying in Damien's home, the group seemed to have many issues and conflicts, both internal and external. They wanted to solve them by clearing their names of murder, rescuing Pip, and ending the Yardale organization for good, but they had zero plans so far on how to do such things. Gregory, who would typically come up with many of their plans, was no longer around. For now, all anyone could do was sit around and wait for a new idea that would save them all.