Telling Secrets

Mark scoffed at Gregory's request to see him. "What could you possibly want?" 

For a moment, Gregory looked warily back and forth between Rebecca and Gary before replying, "I want them out so I can speak with you peacefully." 

The two looked at each other, both suspicious of Gregory's plans. "Do we leave?" Rebecca whispered. 

"I think we should." Gary whispered back. "We could get more information from him if we give him what he wants." Rebecca nodded in agreement, though still quite worried for what could happen. They both got up and walked out, leaving Mark to deal with Gregory. 

"Well. What is it?" asked Mark. 

"We have to get out of here." Gregory answered. "The more time we spend here with these peasants, the more time we've wasted." 

Confused, Mark responded with a repulsed expression. "What in hell are you talking about? I'm not on your side." 

It was then Gregory's turn to be confused. "Our fathers work together. Why shouldn't we as well? We would make quite the team." 

"Oh, sure." Mark laughed. "Let's just team up because our crazy fathers work together and because we definitely haven't been enemies since school! That's such a smart idea!" 

"I don't remember us hating each other." Gregory then stared blankly. "I thought we could be like brothers." 

Mark sighed. "Your stupid assumptions like these are why I don't like you." 

"But can't we put the past behind? We could leave all this idiotic nonsense and become rich like our fathers! Haven't you ever wanted that?" encouraged Gregory. Mark seemed to think for a moment, but ultimately would never let this new Gregory's words get to him. 

"I will never want to be anything like my father." 

———————————-

Rather inconveniently, Damien and Josh failed to hear the front door of the house open before their mother walked in. Maria Myers, who had just earlier gone out for groceries and had not planned on either of her sons visiting, much less running about her house destroying things, could only watch as chaos unfolded before her. 

Along with having to watch as her sons run crazily through the house, she also realized that they must have brought in strangers for some odd reason. Maria looked at Pip and Trent and thought only one thing- they must be Damien and Josh's boyfriends, 

Just then, a shattering noise was heard throughout the house. 

"Oh shit." Damien mumbled after breaking a glass vase. 

"I won't tell Mom if you don't tell Mom." Josh thought he whispered quietly enough. 

Maria sighed from behind the two. "Don't tell Mom what?" 

The two both froze and looked at their mother in fear. "Uh-" Josh began, "Damien did it." 

"NO I DIDN'T!" Damien screeched. 

"Oh, come on now. You both are at fault here. Why in hell were you two running around?" Maria asked. 

"Well Damien is keeping secrets and I think it's unfair-" 

"I'M ALLOWED TO HAVE SECRETS JOSH! YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW EVERYTHING!" 

"Don't I deserve to know where Dad is, though? He's not just your dad, y'know!"

"YOU DON'T GET IT." 

"If  you two don't stop yelling at each other I'll send you both to Heaven myself." Maria threatened. As sons of Satan, this threat, paired with their mom's intimidating demeanor,  always worked on them. 

"Sorry, Mom." Josh immediately apologized. 

"Yeah, whatever, sorry." Damien followed with much less enthusiasm. 

The three stood awkwardly for a minute before Katherine then stepped in, saying, "Why don't we settle this all at the dinner table? Food is ready." 

"That's an amazing idea." Maria responded to her wife. Everyone made their way to the table and took a seat, Damien and Josh making sure to not sit beside each other and instead send glares across the table. Pip and Trent, meanwhile, helped set the table, Pip putting in extra effort to keep his own distance from his childhood bully.

Everyone had sat down and begun eating, and the table was silent due to the awkwardness in the room. Josh and Damien were having a staring contest instead of focusing on their food, causing Pip to whisper to Katherine, "Do they hate each other?"

"Oh, no. Not at all." Katherine responded. "They've always cared a lot for each other. They're both just a bit... crazy in their own ways." 

Pip nodded. "I can tell." 

Trent then asked everyone, "Do you guys like the food? I made it myself." 

Deciding to finally stop glaring at his brother, Josh replied, "It's good. I didn't know you could cook." 

Offended, Pip said, "He did not make this all himself! Katherine and I helped, if it hadn't been for us he would've probably burned the whole damn house down! And it wouldn't have been an accident!" 

"Woah, calm down." Trent said. "I would not burn the house down." 

Josh shrugged. "I really wouldn't be surprised if you did." 

"Damn, and you're still dating him?" Damien began. 

"Oh shut the fuck up, Damien. We aren't dating!" huffed Josh. 

Katherine sighed. "No cursing at the dinner table, please." 

"Oh, sure, whatever." Damien said, almost ignoring his stepmother. "You can't just keep it a secret."

"Well now that we're on the topic of secrets, why don't you tell us all where Dad is?" Josh asked. 

"No!" 

Sighing, Pip said, "You really should just tell them, Damien. It's better than holding it off." 

"Okay." Damien immediately agreed. He took a breath and said, "Dad died." 

Other than Pip, the whole table stared at Damien in shock and confusion. Jaw dropped, Josh could only muster up one word. "What?" 

"I told you that you didn't want to know!" said Damien. 

"No, actually, I really would've liked to know that." Maria replied. "Your father, Satan himself, is dead?" 

"He can die?" Katherine wondered. 

Damien nodded. Maria then asked, "Well how long have you been keeping this from us?"

A bit afraid, Damien answered, "Well he's only been dead for a few days... or maybe weeks... actually it might've been about a month-" 

"A MONTH?" Josh yelled. 

"Yeah..." 

"And it was just so impossible for you to tell us this any sooner?" Maria then asked. 

Damien nodded again. "Yep." 

After finishing his food, Pip could only wonder how his boyfriend could be so lovable yet so stupid at the same time.