Infiltration

Breaking into the Yardale headquarters was the easiest part of the mission. 

All they had to do was have Mole dig a few holes and Dogpoo shut down a few cameras, and they were inside. The next step in their mission was to figure out where to go, and to their difficulty, none of them had a clue. 

"Don't you know the layout of this place, Dogpoo?" Damien questioned, impatient to save Pip. 

"I do." Dogpoo answered. "That doesn't mean I know where they're keeping things. I don't know where Pip and Leslie are." 

Suddenly, everyone turned their heads when they head a familiar, robotic-sounding voice. "Intruders." Leslie blankly said. 

Quickly, Dogpoo said, "The group saving Leslie will stay here with her. The rest of you, go find Pip." 

"How are we meant to find him in this place? He could be anywhere!" Estella argued. Before anyone else could say anything, Leslie began to attack and the group facing her had to defend themselves. For their own safety, Damien, Mole, and Estella meanwhile ran off to find Pip. 

———————————-

Dogpoo, Gary, and Mark we're having difficult times using their weapons to only defend themselves. They had no intentions of hurting Leslie, but as she was set on killing them all, at certain times they had no choice. 

"We really have to be careful, guys! We don't want to hurt Leslie." said Gary. He still felt bad about causing the robot to self destruct years ago. 

Uncaringly, Mark said, "Oh please. She's a robot. She won't feel it." 

"As long as we don't destroy her too badly or cause her to self destruct, we should be okay." Dogpoo mentioned. 

As the three boys were fighting Leslie, Rebecca carefully stood off to the side. "Make sure you guys don't injure her human parts." she added. "She's not a complete robot."

The fight went on for some time, and Leslie appeared to be much less hurt than Dogpoo, Gary, and Mark. The three were slowly beginning to get tired, whilst she appeared to be mostly fine. Dogpoo had tried tackling her and finding a way to shut her down temporarily, but he was quickly thrown off. None of their other attempts to calm Leslie were working, and morale was declining. 

"Maybe fighting her isn't the solution." Rebecca thought. "Maybe we should just try talking to her." 

"What, you think the power of friendship is going to save her?" Mark huffed. "Rebecca, I know you're better than this. Please think of another plan." 

"No, I think she's right!" Gary said. "We should at least try it." 

Dogpoo sighed, knowing they had no other ideas. "Leslie, please. We just want to help you." 

"You don't want to help me." Leslie said. "He destroyed me." She pointed to Gary, and immediately made him feel horrible. 

"I'm so sorry about that." Gary apologized. "I wasn't meaning to hurt you. I was only trying to help my friends! If I knew I was going to destroy you, I would've never done it." 

"We want to be your friends, Leslie." Rebecca pleaded. "The people you're working for only want to control you. We want to help you." 

Leslie seemed to be conflicted. She had no control of her actions, but she did seem to have some control of her mind. "You mean it?" Leslie asked, her voice different and more human.