Are They Really Dead?

The three returned to Dogpoo and Brimmy's home after their supposedly unsuccessful trip to Heaven. Mole and Estella stood silently, unsure of whether they were relieved to find closure or disappointed that Gregory was officially dead. Damien, though, still held onto his own suspicions until he could no longer keep them in. He had to say something. 

"Gregory might still be alive." he blurted out. 

Mole looked to Damien and sighed. "Stop."

Confused, Damien asked, "Why? Don't you want him to be alive?"

"Stop trying to give me false hope. He's fucking dead and there's nothing we can do about it. I'm done hoping."

"But what if God was lying to us?" questioned Damien. "I mean- it was weird of him to not let us see Gregory. Why couldn't he prove that Gregory was actually dead?"

"Isn't lying some kind of sin?" Mole then asked, remembering all the repetitive lessons on Christianity his mother had taught him. 

Defeatedly, Damien thought for a moment and replied, "Yeah. I guess so." 

"So the damn bitch wouldn't go against his own rules and lie." said Mole. 

"Unless-" started Damien. 

"Stop it." Mole interrupted. "If Gregory were alive, he would be here." 

Silently thinking until now, Estella said, "I think Mole is right. We can't continue on with moping about over Gregory's death. We must move on at some point." Mole nodded, and he and Estella both walked inside the house, leaving Damien on his own. 

——————————-

"Oh, good! You guys are back!" Dogpoo exclaimed. "I think we found some really important information on Leslie. Check this out." Dogpoo then held up the files on Leslie, and Estella went to read them while Mole stayed put. 

Mole didn't want to read the information in the file, not caring about the robot girl who had killed his boyfriend and practically ruined his life. Estella, meanwhile, was intrigued and looked at a section Dogpoo pointed to. 

"I don't quite understand what this is saying." stated Estella after reading the file for a moment. "Could someone explain what's so important about this?" The truth was, Estella did understand the file and was quite shocked by it, but, being petty, wanted someone to read it out loud so Mole would hear it. 

"Well, first off-" Dogpoo began, "the Meyers aren't Leslie's real parents. She was taken from her original parents when she was a child, then put into the Meyers family so she could be turned into a robot and eventually taken and trained by Yardale."

"Second-" Brimmy added, "the Meyers originally had two other children- twins whose names are unknown- that were taken away. Yardale wanted the Meyers to focus on Leslie, so they took away the two children." 

"And, um, third-" Rebecca then said, "Leslie isn't her real name."

"What is it, then?" Estella asked, urging them to go on. 

"Ellise." Rebecca said. 

Mole and Estella both stared at each other, knowing something that the others didn't. The name Ellise was familiar to both of them, but Mole thought it was a mere coincidence while Estella didn't have a bit of doubt in her mind.

"Stop it Estella. It's not her. It can't be." Mole huffed. 

"And how exactly do you know that?" Estella questioned. 

"You can't expect me to start hoping she's not dead when I just got over Gregory being dead." argued Mole. "I watched her die, just like Gregory. It can't be her. Stop being a hypocrite."

"What are you guys talking about?" Dogpoo confusedly asked. 

Mole and Estella stood and stared at each other again. Estella mumbled, "You should tell them."

"Fuck no." Mole replied.

"They won't quit pestering you until you do. It's best to just tell them how." 

Grumbling, Mole said, "Fine." Looking back towards everyone else, he then said, "Ellise was my sister's name. She died years ago. Estella thinks Leslie is her, but it has to be a coincidence."

The whole room was filled with surprise. Leslie potentially being Mole's sister was completely shocking to them, and they all now had to consider whether or not it was true.

"I don't think it's a coincidence." Rebecca suggested. Everyone turned to her, and she began to explain. "Think about it! If you rearrange the letters in the name Ellise, you get Leslie. This all seems like a well thought out scheme, not a coincidence." 

"I don't care. You can't convince me of this shit." stated Mole. "I don't want Leslie to be my sister anyways." 

"Oh, boo-hoo." Mark then mocked from behind everyone. "The evidence is right there. Just accept it and stop whining."  

Mole wanted to accept it- the evidence was extremely clear, and it was difficult for him to prove that it was false. What made him incapable of believing it was the simple fact that he hated Leslie, but didn't hate his sister and couldn't get himself to. He didn't want to think of his sister as the girl who murdered Gregory. His sister was good- Leslie was not. His sister was gone, and Leslie was right there.