Communication Is Cut

Damien wasn't entirely sure what he was looking at. Was he imagining things? Was any of this real? Was Pip's absence making him so crazy that he was seeing dead people?

"Hello Damien!" Pocket's ghost said. "I've been trying to talk to you for a while. This whole ghost thing is quite difficult to figure out!" 

"Are you real?" was Damien's first question.

"I believe I am." Pocket replied. 

"How are you here?" was his second question. 

"Well, I learned that because you're the ruler of Hell, you can communicate with the dead. I wanted to speak to you, so I did everything I could to figure out how to become a ghost! I made a few failed attempts, but it seems this one has finally worked!" answered Pocket. He looked as if he were very tired, and Damien wasn't sure if it was whether he had been trying to talk to him for so long or just because he was dead. 

Finally, coming up with his third main question, Damien asked, "Why are you here?"

"Well, first off-" Pocket said quickly as if he was in a rush, "let Pip know that I miss him and that I hope he's doing alright. Second- and this is very important- I didn't-" 

"You didn't what?" Damien asked. 

Pocket seemed to be cutting off. "I didn't di-" 

"Huh?" Damien was extremely confused by what was going on. What was preventing Pocket from talking?

"I didn't die of-" Pocket then suddenly disappeared. Damien looked around to see if he had just gone somewhere else, but there was no one to be seen around him. He was all alone outside, and left extremely confused.  

When he went back inside to the basement, everyone who was admiring the tool wall had seemed to pick a personal weapon. Both Dogpoo and Estella had several guns, Mark had a crossbow, and Gary had a baseball bat. Rebecca hadn't taken a weapon and instead found a utility bag with many useful items for the group. Mole, of course, hadn't taken anything either and simply held onto his old shovel. 

"You're all going to return those, right?" Brimmy made sure to ask. 

"We have the return these?" Estella grumbled. "No. I refuse. These are mine now."

Mark rolled his eyes. "Do you even know how to use those guns, Estella?" 

Estella then pointed a gun towards Mark's face. "Want to find out?"  Mark quickly shook his head and Estella grinned. 

"Guys," Dogpoo sighed, "Let's not kill each other before our big mission." 

"Are you going to need our strongest weapon?" Brimmy then suggested. 

Dogpoo thought for a second then shook his head. "Nah. We can handle this without it."

"What's your 'strongest weapon'?" Mark questioned. 

Brimmy gave Mark a serious expression. "That's a secret. It's only for emergencies." Unsatisfied with his answer, Mark simply scoffed and continued admiring his crossbow. 

Meanwhile, Gary and Rebecca engaged in their own conversation. "I never thought you'd be one to take a weapon for yourself." Rebecca said.

Gary shrugged. "I want to avenge my family and friends. They were killed, and now I have to fight for them." 

"I guess that makes sense." Rebecca replied. "I don't know how to fight. I was too scared to take a real weapon."

"I don't know how to fight either! Hopefully I can learn." said Gary. Rebecca was slightly worried by this statement, but she made no mention towards it.  

Once everything seemed to be settled, the group gathered around and started formulating a plan. 

Dogpoo came up with an idea and said, "Since our main plan is to rescue both Pip and Leslie, we should split up into two groups. Damien, Mole, and Estella should go to save Pip while Rebecca, Mark, Gary, and I go to help Leslie." 

"Can we burn the building down afterwards?" Damien wondered. 

"You probably shouldn't." Brimmy said. "They could have important things in there." 

"Like the other survivors of Leslie's attacks." suggested Dogpoo. 

Mole sighed. "Do we really have to do this? Pip isn't that important, and Leslie is a fucking murderer." 

Before Damien could attack Mole and anyone else could start arguing, Dogpoo said, "We don't know what Yardale could use them for. We have to make sure Yardale can't control them and they're safe." Mole sighed, but said no more. 

After everyone fully understood the plan and was ready, they left for their mission and made their way to Yardale's headquarters.