Separated

Matthew, Cosette, Trent, and Josh successfully managed to escape Yardale. It was a lengthy and stressful process, as there were many security guards and Trent stubbornly wanted to kill every person he saw, but eventually, with the combined skills of the four, they got out. 

Their second problem they had met was where to hide after escaping. 

"I don't exactly have a home to go to." Cosette sheepishly said. "I lived with my mother and... I don't quite know where she is."

"I don't have a place to go to either. My parents disowned me after I got arrested- and I am not going back to jail." Trent said. 

Matthew then suggested, "Either of you could come stay with me and my family at our rabbit farm. We've got plenty of room." 

"That sounds lovely." smiled Cosette. 

"Wouldn't there be rabbit shit everywhere?" then asked Trent. 

"Probably." answered Matthew. 

"I'm going to stay with my parents. You could come with me." Josh then suggested. Trent shrugged and agreed. 

"Oh, who are your parents? I may know them. I know quite a lot of people." said Matthew excitedly. 

Josh then froze up a bit. "I... shouldn't say. They're divorced though, so I'll be visiting my dad first, then my moms." 

"Moms?" questioned Trent. "As in, you have two?" 

"Yes. Is there a problem?" Josh asked interrogatively. 

"No. I just think it's cool." 

Agreeing on their plan to split up, the four went on their ways. Matthew and Cosette went to the Pocket Family Farm, whilst Josh and Trent went on, starting off at Josh's dad's house, then making their way to his moms'. What was never considered was the likelihood of either group being found and recaptured by Yardale, but surely it wouldn't become a problem. 

———————————-

"Why in the world would we go to your mothers' house first?" 

"Because, Pip, I just have a feeling that we should."

Pip and Damien stood arguing before they went on their own trip, Damien wanting to believe Lori and Pip, conversely, wanting to break into Yardale as soon as possible. 

"You have a feeling? Of all the times to have a feeling, you do now? Now, when all the time we lose could mean the deaths of the people we're trying to save?" Pip asked. 

"It'll be fine. These strangers will be okay if we just take a few minutes to visit my mother. I haven't seen her in forever, it'll be nice." explained Damien. 

Pip sighed. "Damien, they aren't all strangers. One of them is Pocket's father- whom I became great friends with."

"Pocket's dad will be fine." said Damien. 

"You don't know that!" 

"Maybe I don't, but you should listen to me anyways! Please?" 

Pip stared at Damien for a moment, wondering how his boyfriend could be so ignorant, then eventually decided to give in. He supposed a few minutes could be spared for Damien. 

Relieved, Damien formed a portal and the two made their way to Damien's mothers. Immediately, they were met with a woman almost screaming, "Damien? You finally decided to visit?" 

Damien sighed. "Yes, Kathy, I did." 

Damien's stepmother, Katherine, then smiled. "And who's this you brought with you?" 

"Oh, I'm Pip!" Pip said. 

"He's my boyfriend." Damien added. 

"Oh! Well it's very nice to have you both here." Katherine said. "Someone-" she then began, putting on extra emphasis," decided that it would be fun to not visit his mothers for several years."

"I was busy!" Damien rationalized. "It's not easy being the literal king of Hell." 

"We have also been trying to defeat an evil organization for quite a while." added Pip. "Not that it's an excuse though." 

"Oh. I heard about that organization." Katherine thought for a moment. "I think Maria- that's Damien's other mom by the way, Pip- mentioned her sister was previously doing something about it." 

"Mom has a sister?" Damien asked. 

"Don't worry I didn't know about it until recently either. Maybe it's because her sister recently died." said Katherine. 

"I have a dead aunt?" Damien then asked. 

"Yes, Damien, you apparently do." Katherine answered. "I'd say ask your mom about it, but she's not home right now. She's out getting groceries." 

Damien groaned. "The one time I decide to come here?"

Shrugging, Katherine said, "It's your own fault for never visiting." 

"Well we can't exactly wait to see her." Pip mentioned. "We have places to be." 

"It'll be fine, Pip. We can wait a little bit longer. My mom would kill me if she heard I didn't wait for her." then said Damien.

Pip huffed. "Fine." 

"Oh, I almost forgot! Damien, your brother came back today too!" Katherine said.

"Wasn't he in jail?" asked Damien.

"I think he escaped, but that doesn't matter. He's in his room, you should go say hi."

After not having seen his brother since they were children, Damien quickly made his way to the room and aggressively opened the door. 

He then screamed."JOSH??"