Chapter 8

Next day..

Nandini woke up confident enough about the preparation of her exam and her mind drifted back to the previous day ..the time she spent with manik ...a smile crept on her face thinking about it .Soon she chucked away the thoughts and went to freshen up so that she don't get late to school.

On reaching school ,she was bombarded with questions by a very worried and tensed mukti .

Mukti: Nandu..!! Thank god u are here! I was so worried..why were you not picking my calls leave the calls you didn't even text me ..what were you upto haan!? Tell me?

Nandini bit her tongue on realising that she had kept her phone on silent before going to manik's house so that she could concentrate on her studies and later neither did she turned it back to normal mode nor did she checked her phone once because she was hell tired after all the events of yesterday and directly went to sleep..but in all this she forgot about mukti who was hell worried and now tried to explain her

Nandini: muku i.. just-

Mukti: What muku haan!? You fainted there girl just like that..i was tensed on not finding you in the sickbay ..i thought you might have gone home i tried calling you several times ..u know how bad thoughts were coming in my mind after what happened in the exam hall i thought you..you..just leave it ...and you didn't bother to text me once about your whereabouts..where were you ?how were you ? No ..nothing ...maybe i am not that important in your life haina!?

Mukti lashed on nandini.. her voice filled with hurt and anger.Nandini didn't knew how to talk to her and regretted of ignoring her like this. She immediately hugged her and tried to calm her down.

Nandini: Muku just relax okay calm down! I m sorry..i m so so sorry you have to go through all this. Its just that i was so exhausted of whatever happened yesterday that it slipped out of my mind that you might be worried for me ..but see i m fine standing right in front of you with this toothy smile ..

Nandini broke the hug and flashed her a big smile but mukti refused to look at her to which Nandini pouted and held her ears looking at mukti with puppy eyes

Nandini: Sorry na muku ..pleaseee maaf karde yrr apni nandu ko ..pls ..pls.pls..i promise aage se i will never do that pakka .. nandini promise.. pleacchhh mukuuu..

The innocent and constant ranting of nandini made mukti to look at her and that melted her heart in an instant Mukti chuckled a bit and hugged her

Mukti: kitna drama karti haina tu ..my drama queen !but i am telling you agar next time se aisa hua na toh i won't talk to you fir jitna drama karna haina krti rehna ..got it?

Nandini nodded frantically earning giggle from mukti .

Mukti: Waise nandini.. what's with manik sir haan?

Mukti asked with a smirk on her face ..And again Ms. Mukti was back on her teasing mode ..aghhh!! Nandini rolled her eyes at her before speaking

Nandini: Don't you have any other topic to discuss besides your 'manik sir' hmm?

Mukti: arey i toh was just asking aise hi.. you know he seemed to be worried yesterday so yeah ..

Nandini knew he was worried and how he took care of her and she felt happy about it. Now they were friends right and friends do care about each other just like muku does! She then shrugged her thoughts away

Nandini: offo muku you think so much..give your mind a rest okay..chal ab we are getting late for the exam ..

With this they moved towards the exam hall and settled themselves over there.

_________________________________

Malohtra Mansion

Manik's sleep got disturbed by sunrays peeping through the window.He shifted in his place to get rid of them but failed and finally decided to woke up. Sitting on the couch he realised that last night he unknowingly slept in living room itself. Then immediately his mind lingered to nandini..where was she? Did she left? But how ? He looked around the room in order to find her when a pink sticky note on the table caught his sight and he leaned over to take it . It read..