Things are looking up.

I felt scared and I couldn't help but shake. I couldn't take the threat. What if he did find me? What would he do to me? I couldn't think straight. I couldn't cope with it all. I found myself lying awake in my new room all night. The pain from my ribs was making me feel horrible. I couldn't sleep because of the pain and the thoughts of the previous day. The whole night was unbareable. I don't think I slept a lot. I yelped out in pain but bit down on the pillow left next to me as I was still lying awake at six in the morning when Nathan woke up.

He walked in with a pair of joggers and a t-shirt on. He looked over to me then walked past. I suppose he went to the bathroom. He soon came back with my pain killers and a glass of water. Once I took them I felt the pain soon numb and I felt sleepy. It was one of the side effects of the painkillers, they made me sleepy. I flet my blanket being pulled over my sleepy body and I soon slipped in to the darkness of dreams.

I woke up to the blinding light of the curtains as the sun rose up from behind the trees. I pulled one of the pillows from the other side of the double bed over my head but I still couldn't get beck to sleep.

I decided it's time to get something to eat and my stomach agreed. I got changed into my joggers and a t-shirt then just threw my hoddie over my arms and put on my thick wolly socks. I walked down stairs to see Nathan sat in the kitchen.

"Good Morning Aj, how do you feel?"

"I couldn't sleep last night but once I had my pain killers I felt better and finally got some sleep. How long have I been asleep for?"

"A good few hours. Are you hungry?" I looked up to find Nathan had put out some toast and then offered me a plate. We sat down and ate some food. It was about ten am in the morning and I just wondered why Nathan was still here.

"Nathan, arn't you supposed to be at school?"

"Not today, Mr Kainswaran gave me some time off until you feel better and it gives us some time to get to know each other and maybe decorate your room, if you like? This is your home as well now and Jay is coming over to see how you are."

"I would like that a lot. You didn't have to do all of this you know"

"I know but you have been through a lot and I just want to help."

"I know."

I washed up my plate and then handed it over to Nathan. I went up to my room and got changed then went in to the bathroom and sorted my hair out. By the time I finally looked ok, Nathan came up to see if I was okay.

I went back in to my new room and started to unpack all of my clothes. My shirts and tops were now hung up in the wardrobe. My riding things were in the storage space next to that, my jeans and everything else were put in the draws.

When I put my riding things away I thought of Bex. What would happen to her? She was my only escape from my step-dad. What would Nathan say? As I was hanging up my pictures and drawings, Nathan came in and sat on the bed.

"Are you okay?"

"Yep, nearly finished. Just putting the final picture up of Bex."

"Who's Bex?" I looked at him as I pulled him up and showed him all the pictures of me and my horse.

"Wow, you look so happy with her."

"Yeah, She was the last thing my mum left for me. The one thing me and my mum did together and the last thing we did together. Bex means a lot to me. The stables was the only place where my step-dad couldn't find me. He didn't know about Bex. I had to hid the pictures but now I can have them up, if that's alright with you?"