The Long Road to Freedom

It was about five am on a Saturday morning and I was up ready to go. I had packed a few clothes and I was getting ready to leave. It wasn't right or fair to bring Nathan into this mess that is known as my life. He needed to live his and not try to fix mine. I left a letter and a drawing for him next to his bed justs saying thank you as I kissed him on the cheek. My soft lips touching his warm skin as I was giving him a good bye kiss. It was then time for me to leave. 

I walked down the cold streets as the sun slowly started to rise. There was one place I was heading, the stables. I knew where I was heading and I needed to go there fast. I quickly typed the code in to get in to the stables. Bex had her head over the door as she saw me. I told her to shush as I went for her tack. I quickly checked her hoofs and they were fine. I then tacked her up and left a letter and a drawing for Amber in her draw. I then got up on to Bex and rode off in to the sun rise. 

The winding trees were coming into view as I saw the forest. This was where I was going to hide. It was a perfect place to bolt it. I gave Bex the nudge and she sprinted off into the trees. Each one we past felt like I was closer to where I wanted to be. The one place that felt safe. After a good fifteen minuts I saw my ending in sight.

A small log cottage with flowers wrapping round it like a blanket. We made the final legue of the journey then arrived. I put Bex in the stable on the side of the little place as I headed inside. Pictures of a young girl and her mum were around the tiny space. Me and my mum, this was our little get away place. This was the place I would run to when I was upset or really hurt from him. This was my escape place. I unpacked my things and made sure Bex was happy enough. I hid some polo mints so she would be finding them. Bless her, she is my little gem. 

After making a cuppa I settled down with my blanket and my sketch pad. I just needed to think what to do next and this place was the best place to be. It's quiet and peaceful. What could be missing? I just felt like it was on person. He cares a lot about me, 

I was snapped out of my thoughts as my plone went off. Nathan's picture came up on the lit screen. He was proberly worrying where I was. I said everything that needed to be said in the letter. I just didn't want him dwelling and worrying about me. He has a life to live that didn't need to involve me. He didn't need my problems on top of his own. He needs to go out and enjoy his life and not stay at home to loom after me. 

I just flet that up here it was just me and my mum. This has always been out little hide out. This was where no-one would find me and I never wanted to be found. I looked outside to see that there was still some logs in the shed. So I headed out and got ready to make a nice warm fire. The beauty of this place is the quiet, it was the best place to draw and the tranquility of it was amazing. I couldn't think of anything more perfect. I enjoyed cities and towns because of the hussle and bussle but just to come away from that gave me chance to weigh up my options in life. I could work at a stables tutoring but I needed to go back to school. I couldn't go back to Brunts, Nathan would flip at me. I just needed to be here for a while. This was my time and I was going to take it and use it well.