The Big Jump

I headed to school after a few days off. The day I went to see Bex was one of my good days but I hit some bad ones after that but after a hospital oppointment I felt better. Nathan woke me up to get ready. We had gotten close to each other and we got on very well. I got changed as Nathan went down and made breakfast. Once we had eaten we left for school. It was further from my old house but I was grateful that it was close to the stables. Those familiar gates came back into view as Nathan pulled into the car park. I said bye to Nathan as I went inside to put my things in my locker. It was up to me if I wanted too come back and I was ready. I just wanted to finish my school days so I could move on. 

The bell went as I headed to tutor. This meant that I was back. I walked in to Nathan's lab and he started the ordinary day for me. This meant that tonight was chemistry and it meant being here tonight then going home. 

Tutor passed really quickly. As I walked up to my Art lesson I noticed Lizzie. She is in a lot of my lessons and for me the biggest pain in my life. 

"Well, well, well. Look who's back? It's Aj. Well I never thought you would come back. I saw you with Mr Sykes this morning. What did I tell you everyone? Aj sucks up to her teachers and your a snitch." 

I walked past her as everyone around started calling me a snitch. Why is it always me bad things happen to? I sat down in my chair as everyone came in fillling the room. Just a normal day of art. My hard work getting the credit and Lizzie giving me lip. Once all of my work was finished it was time for break. 

I found myself sat in my usual spot by the tree as I got out my sketch pad and let the pencil leave it's lead markings on the page. 

At the end of break it was maths with Mr George. He gave me a reasuring smile as I walked though the door. I sat in my place and got on with my work, egnoring the remarks Lizzie was giving me. There was a knock on the door and Mr Kainswaran walked in to the room. He looked over and saw me in school and gave me a smile as he walked over to Mr George. I looked back at my work and carried on with my bar charts then Mr Kainswaran came and asked if he could talk to me. I got up and walked behind him but then Lizzie jumped out with yet another comment. 

"Awwwww, look Aj is not just a teachers pet but the head teacher's pet. Awwwww." 

"Lizzie, that is enough." Mr George piped up "Sit down Lizzie and get on with your work" 

I stepped outside and Mr Kainswaran started 

"How have you been Aj? Everything okay with Mr Sykes?" 

"Everything is great thank you. I'm feeling better and I'm feeling a lot happier with in myself. Mr Sykes has been amazing to me and I don't know how to repay him for that?"

"It's good to see you happier. I have also spoken to your social worker who has been on his regualr visits, Jay is it?"

"Yeah, Jay has been on regular visits."

"That's good to hear. I just wanted to have a chat to see how it is going. I'm glad to see that you have settled in and that things are going well. I just wanted to let you know that I will be popping in soon just to see how it is going. It's in the interest of you. Is that ok?"

"Yeah that's fine."

 "Good. I just wanted to ask. You may go back to lesson now." 

"Thank You, for everything."

"It's my job." 

As I walked back in I noticed it's nearly time to go so I packed my things and got ready to leave. The bell came ringing through the halls as I headed to the science labs. Mr Sykes had my lunch so I needed to grab it off him so I could perch in my usual spot but once I got there, it looked like he had other idea's.