20.

------

------

DAVID SAT IN HIS TRUCK.

Staring straight ahead, he was in the meat packing district, waiting for Gerald, who had ten minutes exactly to pull up. While waiting, all he could think about was Clover.

She'd invaded his mind since last night and she was on it the second he woke up.

Neither one of them slept either.

David laid on the couch all night, watching TV and checking windows, while Clover sat in his bed, her head leaned against the wall, staring out. It was more than awkward to say the least.

The entire vibe had turned quite dark.

Showering and getting dressed proved to be a difficult task, as David felt queasy and anxiety filled....something he hadn't experienced in years.

Something was just off to him.

Very off.

"I be back...be ready."

Those were the last words he said to her before he left. Deep down though, he wished he would of said more, but he was still upset, honestly. He couldn't believe just how much he actually trusted her, especially when she revealed her whole self the first time, but even then, with her entire story truly unfolded, she was still a snake in his mind.

He couldn't wait until he got her out of New-York.

"Shit man..." David muttered under his breath, as he sat up a bit, looking around.

It was 5:56 now and it was dark as hell and hot.

Dressed in a gray champion tee and some gray Champion track pants, he decided to remove the shirt, given he was beginning to sweat alot. 

The second he succeeded and tossed his shirt into the empty passenger side, he readjusted the ends of his beater before hearing an engine. Looking in his rearview, he took in the dark colored Land-Rover that was now slowly creeping up, causing David's eyes to fall into a squint, as he swiftly went underneath the seat of the passenger side, gripping the black pistol in his hand tightly. The car pulled up beside his, the tinted window slowly rolling down, revealing a smiling Gerald.

"Top of the mornin' nigga."

David felt himself immediately relax at the sight of his nigga, as he shook his head, but opted to keep his gun near.

Sighing, he rolled his window down as well.

"Nigga, what's dis?" he questioned, referring to the vehicle.

"Lil advance type shit you know," Gerald replied cockily, as he eyed David.

"Advance for what? and where dese niggas at?" David questioned, now veering his eyes past Gerald, who still continued to look at him.