19.

-------

-------

MY HANDS WERE SHAKING NOW.

And I felt like  I couldn't breathe.

David was looking at me so sternly that I didn't know what to even say next.

But I knew I had to tell him the truth.

"I did something really bad."

"What Jarvis?"

His tone was soft and reassuring as hell and I was practically bursting at the seams right now.

"Someone trusted me with their money...and I took it."

I gulped hard as David's eyebrows furrowed.

"You did what?"

"You don't understand."

"Damas...When Damas got locked up, I visited him one day to thank him for what he did for me. I wasn't ever gonna see him again after that, but then he told me about this money...this money him and Jesse had stashed away from dealing. He told me where it was so that I could hold onto it for Jesse when he got out for some shit he did. So...So I took it. I took it and he told me I could spend five thousand of it, but by that time I was trying to move to get out that apartment after Jonas died. And I tried to look for jobs and tried to find places to go, but I just kept spending it and spending it. I...."

I was crying even harder now, as my actions and what I'd done began to make me feel guilty all over again.

"I...I didn't mean to I swear, it was just...there. I was struggling really bad and the money was just there. I didn't mean to use as much as I did, but when I started, I couldn't stop. But Jesse gets out, and he couldn't find me. I had been left because I knew he would come looking for his shit. I've been running ever since."

Leaning my head back, I closed my eyes and tried my hardest to suck my tears in. I couldn't bare to look at David anymore.

"Who is Jesse?"

David's voice finally came into play, knocking me from my thoughts.

"What?" I asked, once gaining the courage to bring my head back down and look at him.

My eyes felt puffy and low.

My head was starting to throb, plus the blood steady coming out in this long, thick pad wasn't helping either.

"You said Jesse. He Mexican?"

David wore a weird look on his face. Out of everything I'd just tearfully confessed, he seemed more concerned with this?

"Yeah. He came in a little after Damas got there, then I came....why?"

David fell quiet now, as he continued to look at me before standing up and walking past me.