11.

--------

--------

"Girl you aight in there? Cause in a minute we bouta leave you!"

I rolled my eyes at Kennedy's warning, as I continued to lean over my toilet.

I felt sick.

I didn't know if it was nerves or something worse.

Or maybe it was because of the fact that the girls were getting ready to go over Samir's house for his surprise party.

One of the main rules I had for myself was to never get too comfortable, but these girls were very pushy in a weird, kinda caring way. I didn't really feel too comfortable going to this mans mothers house and I didn't really know him like that, or that long, but Kierra insisted that she was older and didn't care. Samir also said it wouldn't be a big deal, but I already knew how out of place I would feel. But, I figured if I stayed close to the girls it would be alright.

"Hey Jarvis? You okay?"

Kierra was by the door now, as I rolled my eyes.

I felt so queasy and a little light headed. Glancing back over at the box that sat on my sink made me feel even sicker.

"Yeah hold on. Gotta pee real quick. Got a real bad bladder."

"Aight, Mama like to do things on time now. She hate when people late," Kierra said. referring to Samir's mother.

"I'm coming, hold on."

Cutting the water on higher, I hurriedly opened the box I so dreaded opening before pulling my jeans down and squatting.

Placing the test on the table, I grabbed the small plastic cup, allowing a little urine in before grabbing the stick and dipping it in. Taking a deep breath, I gulped hard before placing it on top of the box and waiting the allowed time.

Three minutes tops, after five it doesn't matter.

Looking down at my watch, I waited the three whole minutes before wiping and pulling my pants back up.

Quickly washing my hands, I just said fuck it and looked down at the pregnancy test and my heart dropped out of my chest.....in relief.

NEGATIVE.

MUTHA FUCKIN NEGATIVE

HALLELUJAH THANK GOD!

YESSSS!

"Oh my goodness...fuck yes. Yes," I whispered to myself.

"Oh creator....or whoever you are, thank you. Thank you. Thank you."

"Sheesh."

Grabbing the test and packing it back inside the box, I threw it in the waste basket before quickly fluffing my curls and opening the door.