18.

|Just like my grandmother did all those years. I never had a backbone while living in that hell, but I grew one when I started to stand up for myself.

I grew one when I watched the blood spill from their bodies.

I grew one when I saw the life leave from their eyes.

I grew one when I finally set myself free|

I'm kinda upset no one caught this in chapter fifteen after David asked her to get an abortion. It ties into the flashback in 17.🙄😁

------

"WHERE....WHERE AM I?"

"Where am I right now?"

Her eyes were wide and bugged out as she darted them around the white room crazily.

She'd risen up so fast that it took David by surprise.

"Hey...you in the hospital," he said, making his way over to her.

He'd been seated in the small ass brown couch half the afternoon while she slept.

"Why? Why am I here?"

Her voice was dry sounding and held a heavy amount of worry in it, as she continued to look around the medium sized room suspiciously.

David just looked at her, as she laid in the hospital bed in a blue gown.

She'd been at the hospital for several hours after her miscarriage,12 due to an alarming amount of blood loss. At the clinic, the nurses began to grow worried, as well as the fact that she'd been a bit unhinged. The nurses couldn't control her with their methods, so once David arrived on the scene, they heavily suggested he transport her to the hospital. He'd come in the nick of time, given the nurses were just about to call the ambulance to transport her. Walking in on everything, from a lot of commotion inside the clinic with another girl and a very hysterical, bloodied Jarvis going crazy in a room, David was still taking everything in.

He decided to stay with her until she woke up.

That was the least he felt like he could do for everything she'd been through.

"Hey, relax aight? You good. Everything good witchu. They still gotta keep you for a lil minute though," David assured, as she eyed him suspiciously.

"Who?"

"The nurses. You had a miscarriage at the clinic," David reminded her cautiously.

"No...no I have to go...like now."

Her voice grew a bit louder.

She'd already been given medicine in an effort to calm her down, which also eventually put her in a deep sleep and to David, seeing her practically being man handled just to stay still wasn't a good sight for him to see, given he did care about the woman.

She'd also kept saying that over and over.

That she had to go.

That she had to leave and fast.

David had absolutely no clue what the hell she was talking about.

He was beginning to think that she had a drug habit or some shit.

"You gotta calm down aight? Or they gone give you that shit again. You in the hospital and you're fine now. I promise."

She shook her head profusely before looking down at the gown she wore.