Ch. 58 - BURN SITES AND SILVER

Avalon's outfit:

┏ •◦ 🔥🏳️‍🌈🐺 ◦• ┓

- CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT -
🏹 Burn Sites and Silver 🏹

"Why is the guy who went to Japan to free the Nogitsune now in Beacon Hills trying to burn down the woods?" Jackson asked as he walked back and forth in Stilinski's office, tossing an apple up and down. "He's not trying to burn down the woods. It's- only part of it." Lydia said, looking at a crime board.

"Do we have to play junior detectives? Can't we just leave it up to the actual detectives?" Jackson asked, making Lydia cock an eyebrow, "Do you see any actual detectives standing around?" Lydia asked and Jackson sighed. "But what do detectives do anyways? Do they like, go to the scene of the crime and... detect something?" He asked, making Lydia look at him.

"That's exactly what they do." She said as Jackson took a bite out of the apple, "We need to look at one of the burn sites, the first one." Lydia said and Jackson shrugged before Malia and Avalon ran in. "Guys, guys." Malia said, making them look over, "Hi." She said when she saw Jackson.

"We got a big ass problem." Malia said and Avalon shook her head slightly, "Derek, Stilinski, Deaton... Eli, they're all gone." Avalon said, making Lydia's eyes widen. "What do you mean gone?" She asked and Avalon sighed, "They were taken." She said. "By who?" Jackson asked before Parrish walked in, covered in soot.

"The Oni."

🏹

Lydia crouched down, looking at the ash on the ground while Jackson and Malia stood off to the side, Parrish looking around a little ways away. Avalon was crouched down, her hands pressed to the ground and her eyes closed as she tried to see what happened. Jackson had a bored look on his face while Malia had a mix of boredom and anxious look on hers.

"These were rapid burns. There is something systemic about it." She said as they stood up, "Is she gonna keep talking like this?" Malia asked, looking at Jackson. "I stopped listening six hours ago." Jackson said. Avalon sighed softly before standing up, making them all look at her.

"What did you see?" Lydia asked and Avalon shook her head, "The guy who did this wasn't wearing his hood like the other times but I don't recognize him. He looks like a douche bag and he's got a massive scar on his throat. But I saw him pour a chemical accelerant on everything." Avalon said

"All right. I'm sorry. I'm not gonna spend the rest of the day walking through the woods trying to catch a pyromaniac." Malia said as Parrish walked over. "Do you have a better plan?" Jackson asked and Malia shrugged.

"We already know what kills the Oni." She said, "Silver." Parrish said and Malia pointed at him and Avalon. "You guys with me?" She asked, looking at them, "Definitely." Avalon said. "Go. Get all the silver you can. And if you find the Oni, don't fight them. Kill them." Lydia said and Avalon nodded, "Happily." She said before Malia gave her a two finger salute then she, Avalon and Parrish walked away.

🏹

Parrish opened the back doors to a car before he and Avalon started opening cases to reveal weapons made from silver. "We should grab whatever we can." Parrish said and Avalon nodded before Parrish walked away to grab some other things.

Malia walked over, grabbing a mini tomahawk before stepping away from the car a bit. "I'm taking this." She said, turning to Avalon, who stared at her for a moment, making Malia give her a look while lowering her hand. "Oh, don't worry. It's not the look. It's more like 'you look incredibly hot while holding a tactical tomahawk' kind of look." Avalon said.

Malia smiled for a quick moment before walking up to Avalon, grabbing the back of her neck and pulling her into a kiss. After a long moment, Malia pulled away and turned back to the cases. "If we don't die tonight, we can talk about the look." Malia said and Avalon chuckled, "Well I know what I'm definitely not doing tonight." She said, making Malia smile slightly.