˗ˏˋ ── 004

═══════✰° chapter four . . .

🎧 REAL LIFE , third person

Beatrice laid in bed, watching her phone waiting for the screen to light up and her alarm to start blaring its awful noise. Today was going to be her first last day of high school and she didn't sleep at all. Bea couldn't believe she was a senior. She was excited, but there was also this small ache in her chest. She had grown up.

Finally, her phone came to life. It was five in the morning. Beatrice practically jumped out of bed, grabbing the towel and clothes she had put together last night. She took a nice, long shower. Once out, she brushed her teeth, did her hair and makeup, and went downstairs to eat some breakfast.

She took a slice of toast and split it into four triangles. She applied marmalade onto one section, jam onto the second piece, butter onto the third quarter, and lemon curd on the final slice. Moony Toast, as she liked to call it. Remus used to make it for her whenever she was feeling sad. It had become a tradition for the two to have a sleepover, since freshman year, on the last day of summer. They would get ready for the first day of school together and each year would eat moony toast for breakfast. Every year except for this one. This time she was eating her good luck breakfast alone.

Beatrice felt a bittersweet feeling wash over her as she took the first bite out of her food. She and Remus' strong friendship had withered so quickly over the span of a few months. After some.. unfortunate circumstances - one's Bea still refuses to acknowledge - they stopped talking. They still liked each other's posts on Instagram and left the occasional comment, but that's it.

Of course, Bea didn't blame Remus for it. James was his friend long before he even knew the girl existed. That didn't stop the sting, though. James had left her a mess and the soon-to-be eighteen year old decided she couldn't - wouldn't - let her ex affect her anymore. So, she would just have to suck it up.

──★

"SENIOR YEAR BITCHES!"

The group of teens snickered as Lorelai entered the now packed car. Beatrice was driving, Regulus was in the passenger seat, while Pandora, Charlie, and Lorelai crammed into the back. Lorelai quite literally climbed on top of Charlie to squish her way into the middle. If she sat anywhere else, she had a fit. These were their unassigned assigned seating arrangements since Beatrice got her license.

Pandora, the self-proclaimed dj, (according to her, her music taste held the most superiority out of them all) connected her phone to the car's bluetooth. 'What The Hell' by Avril Lavigne started to blare through the speakers. They all started singing- well, more like screaming- the lyrics. Several other tracks played through the speakers and before they knew it, they had made it to school.

There were clusters of students huddled together throughout the parking lot as cars started to pool into the large area. Some students had already started heading to their classes when Beatrice and her group of friends got out of the car- well, in Charlie's case, fell out of the car. Lorelai stifled her laughter as she walked around the boy. He looked up at her with a glare and flipped her off.

"Okay!" Beatrice said, clapping her hands together. "I'm off to class."

"What? But classes don't start for another-" Regulus paused, checking the time on his phone, "fifteen minutes."