˗ˏˋ ── 005

═══════✰° chapter five . . .

🎧 REAL LIFE , third person

The next morning, Beatrice quite literally had to be dragged out of bed by Lorelai and Charlie. She kicked her feet at them and flailed her arms helplessly. It got to the point that Regulus almost had to help pull her out from under her blankets, too. She groaned as they pulled her to the floor with a thud, dragging her by her feet as she laid on the ground.

James had apparently thought the rumors centered around him and Beatrice were funny. At least, that's what Bea had felt. While she was busy telling people it wasn't true, according to Inez, James hadn't once denied the accusations. It didn't help that Barty was having the time of his life with this and started to also spread it around, even going as far as confirming that the two were back together.

Sadly, homeroom wasn't the only class she and James had shared. They also had gym together. But at least Charlie was in that class and the two exes didn't have to sit anywhere near each other.

"Oh, stop looking at me like that," Lorelai said, rolling her eyes and crossing her arms. Somehow she and Charlie managed to get Beatrice into the bathroom. The blonde handed Bea her clothes and ordered her to get dressed and brush her teeth. When Lorelai closed the door, the brunette flipped her off.

Beatrice had decided she would sleep in until homeroom was over and make up an excuse about cramps or some shit. She didn't want to see James this morning; especially after their supposed stare down everyone was raving about. However, Lorelai barged into her room yelling at her for letting James get the better of her. Sighing and muttering curses at Lorelai under her breath,- "I can hear you!"- Beatrice got dressed.

──★

"You don't have to walk me to class. I'm not a baby."

Beatrice had whined to Lorelai. They had made it to school 10 minutes late and while the others had gone back to class, the shorter girl insisted on walking her best friend.

"Knowing you, you'll pretend to go and then hide in the bathroom until the bell rings."

Beatrice huffs, "I hate you."

Lorelai doesn't answer and they continue the rest of the walk in silence. Once making it to the door, Beatrice plants her feet in place firmly, silently protesting going inside. She thinks about making a run for it. Lorelai isn't very athletic, so she'd probably get away.

"You run and I'll start screaming." Beatrice grimaced at those words. That wouldn't be the first.

"Do I have to?" The brunette complained like a toddler.

"You'll be fine. James is a dick. Don't give him the satisfaction of getting into your head." Lorelai said sincerely. She had been worried for Beatrice when the breakup first occurred, and even more worried when the girl was over it after a mere week. "If he starts saying anything to you- if he even looks at you weirdly- I'll beat his ass. Just tell me."

Beatrice snorted. Lorelai was not a good fighter. Like at all. She was all talk. "Yeah, okay." Rolling her eyes, Beatrice reached for the doorknob.

"I'm serious! I will beat his ass!" Lorelai said accusingly at Bea's sarcastic tone. Then, her face became more solemn. "He isn't worth it, okay? Don't worry about him, or anybody else for that matter." She gave Beatrice a side hug and started to make her way down the hallway. "Love you! And I could so  beat up Potter!" She added as she ran down the halls to get to her class.