24: Future In Laws

Li Xi Yue entered the room and performs a curtsy of greeting,

"this An He, greets Huai Wangye and Huai Wangfei, and may you both lived a hundred years!"

Huai Wangfei, Wu-shi is of a martial arts family, daughter of General Wu of the first rank, her complexion are healthy and she looked lively, she was beautiful, Huai Wangye looked like a scholarly old man, his back straight and he looked like a person who could draw people closer, and he looked like Dongfang Cheng Hao.

Huai Wangfei assessed the young girl that Emperor chose to be her son's future wife,

"take a seat, Junzhu," she then finds out that this An He Junzhu of Imperial House was as beautiful as the rumors said, the girl also had this gentle bearing, that compared with the rough demeanor of her own son, it would caused a sighed of many people's heart. She hear many Madames discussed about this famous An He Junzhu, "i saw you when you were born back then, very lucky, but i couldn't see you this many years anymore, it's pity."

Li Xi Yue smiled at her, "Mufei was sick back then a few times after my brother was born, and Imperial Uncle cared for me to let me lived in the palace a few days, then my maternal grandmother also took me, between Imperial Palace, Xian Wangfu and Duke Zhang's Fu, i didn't have a time to go anywhere."

Wu-shi nodded, she then remembered what her foolish son did after got the engagement with An He junzhu, which left her and her husband in a difficult position, which didn't let her know about the engagement and didn't let anyone told them anything,

"then, how did you think about the engagement?"

"Emperor's words are worth of gold and cannot take back," Li Xi Yue smiled, "and my parents died early, it's understandable that no one takes me heavily." she ducked her head to hide a pain in her eyes, then she took a deep breath to control her emotions, after that she raised her head again, showing her gentle smile, Wu-shi felt pang in her heart,

"nonsense, who didn't take you heavily?" she said in a rare maternal care, that girl in front of her was too pitiful to be honest, Li Xi Yue gave her a small smile that tried to hide her pain,

"Huai Wangye is older and more experienced than me, a girl, who already lost her parents since a young age, and only have two young siblings, it's an understandable that Wangye is dissatisfied with me," she looked at the Old Huai Wang, then to Wu-shi, her eyes became red and full of tears but refused to let a tear slipped, "i even dissatisfied with myself."

The old Huai Wang couple pitied her more and more, especially they remembered the fact that she was fifteen this year and got engagement with their son, but then their son didn't come back even though he already suppressed the war with enemy, it was already so good, usually girls her age already married, but her own fiancé didn't even have come back to wed her.

"it was originally Emperor's words who decreed that you should wed my son, after he suppressed the enemy in the border as a gift, because you are famously known as a virtuous and gentle, your background also noble since birth, it was actually us who wronged you, for this, benwang is sorry."

Old Huai Wangye said, but Li Xi Yue shook her head, "no, how can i blame Wangye and Wangfei? It's just an unfortunate time," Li Xi Yue then stood and bowed to him and Wu-shi, "Wangye and Wangfei are elders, and also, my marriage was originally would be decreed by Imperial Uncle and Imperial Grandmother, it's just great that it decreed to be with Huai wangye, and i met Huai wangye before and admired him such," she had this blushing face, old Huai Wangye coughed and looked at his wife whose full of smile, he remembered that his wife told him about this girl who asked an incense for his foolish son,

"An He is virtuous, we are so glad to gave you as our future daughter in law."

***

Li Xi Yue went to visit her future in laws were not something secret, that's why even before her carriage approached the gate of Xian wangfu, Empress Dowager's personal taijian
came to invite her to the palace, saying that Empress Dowager misses her and so on, that's why here she sat in Cining Palace with Empress Dowager, in the arhat bed.

"what's Old Huai wangfei said to you?" Empress Dowager didn't beat around, she placed tea cup, Li Xi Yue smiled in spoiled manner,

"not much, Huai wang couple only said a few words about how sorry they are about Huai wangye's negligence towards the betrothal gifts, and promised that they will send another betrothal gifts, more proper this time so that they will not wronged me."

Empress Dowager nodded in satisfaction, "it's good. Originally aijia is against you marrying Huai wangye, not only he is in the same generation as your father, he is also old, it's better if you're marrying one of the boy in aijia's paternal clan, that way aijia can rest assured that they will not bullying you so much." Li Xi Yue cheekily hugged Empress Dowager,

"i know Imperial Grandmother loves me so much, but i think Imperial Uncle has his own reason for this."

Li Xi Yue snorted, Zheng family was originally only an scholary family, without any noble titles, but they had a member who became a Grand Preceptor, who in turn had his daughter became an Empress, who didn't have any children but adopted two Imperial Princes, that's why after the late Emperor passed away, in order to honored Empress Dowager's family, he titled them as first rank Marquis family, now the Marquis was Empress Dowager's younger brother, but they didn't have any special abilities, only entered official road by relying on their status as Empress Dowager's family, with these kind of family, they dreamed to marrying one of Imperial Family's immediate daughters, dream on! There's no way Li Xi Yue would willing to lowered herself and her own value, they may had an Empress Dowager in the palace but Li Xi Yue was from Imperial Clan's immediate descendant, her birth was noble, she couldn't and wouldn't lower herself like that.