30: His problem

That vivacious smile quickly faded when the owner startled, she was too stunned to speak,

"oh, Yue-er! Come come!" after Emperor's words came out, it broke her out of the trance, she went to the Emperor and curtsied elegantly, her purple exquisite palace robe fluttered around her, Emperor still stunned every single time he saw her, it seemed like his niece was more gorgeous each day passed. 

"Imperial Uncle!" she called, then she walked into him, completely ignored the man who sat with Emperor, Emperor full of smiles,

"you come to visit your Imperial Grandmother?" he asked, Li Xi Yue sat near him, the palace maid added a cup of tea, Li Xi Yue nodded,

"Imperial Grandmother was concerned about us."

"but you're good, right? Nothing harmed you?" the Emperor asked, Li Xi Yue shook her head and smiled,

"no. Thank you to the Bao Li troops who helped us soon,"

Emperor smiled, he stroke his long beard, "talk about Bao Li troops, you didn't forget about your Fiancé, are you? Quickly, meet him," Li Xi Yue ducked her head down, then stood up, gave another man a curtsy,

"this An He Junzhu greets Huai Wangye."

Dongfang Cheng Hao looked cold and didn't have any expression, he only nodded his head a little bit, now he could see up close to his supposed fiancée An He Junzhu, she was as beautiful as rumors, her fair skin and had luscious hair, the most enchanting thing about her was that pair of clear onyx, the temperament was also excellent, no wonder everyone in the city wanted her to be their daughter in law, she was the embodiment of the perfect daughter in law.

"Zi Mo came here to discuss about your wedding. Your wedding will be hold after the palace examination." Emperor informed her,  Li Xi Yue was a shameless person, but in front of the Emperor and her Fiancé, she showed a bashful expression, her cheeks were flushed and she only lowered her head down.

Dongfang Zi Mo was Huai Wang's court name, he was being called like that by Emperor simply because they were that close as swore-brothers. Palace examination usually held every three years, and it for both scholars and military people, Li Xi Yue muttered in her heart, this Fiancé of hers surely wouldn't come if it was not for something important, she rolled her eyes silently. She then looked at Emperor,

"this subject-niece want to say something," her voice soft like a spring breeze, she looked at him with aggrieved eyes, Emperor nodded,

"what does Yue-er wants to say? Just say it, Zhen will make sure to let Yue-er having everything your heart desire,"

Li Xi Yue smiled softly, that smile was so beautiful even Emperor was in trance a little bit, Dongfang Cheng Hao - Huai Wang - sighed, she was so different from the woman yesterday who reprimanded Capital's battalion commander.

"if it possible, this subject-niece want to break off my engagement with Huai Wangye," she looked at Emperor with unyielding eyes,  Emperor narrowed his eyes, while Li Xi Yue calmly stood up and kneeled, "Wangye obviously is an amazing person, who stood bellow one person and above thousands, he also Emperor's confidant, of course many women dreamed of marrying him. Yue-er once dreamed that too, but this subject-niece has been waiting for so long, i'm tired,"

"bold!" Emperor roared while Li Xi Yue flinched, her eyes stare at Emperor, even if there's tears she refused to let it down,

"Yue-er understand what Huai wangye was thinking," she smiled more like mocking herself, "this subject-niece is an orphan girl, no matter how virtuous, kind or beautiful, at the end of the day, this subject-niece is an orphaned older sibling who took care of her younger siblings, Xi Wan has Qiu-er to protect as an older brother, but this subject-niece only have herself, it's not a shocked news that Huai Wangye is dissatisfied, if this subject-niece is in his place, i will feel the same too. So, it will be the best if we parted our ways, it will save us from heartache and unhappy union."

After said all of that, Li Xi Yue wiped her tears with the sleeves, she took a deep breath and forced herself to appear calm. But inside, she was smirking, if she was passive without any complain about her dissatisfaction like this to the Emperor and in front of Huai wangye, and married him in a swift motion, that man will only respected her as a member of the royal family, he would only saw her as Emperor's gift, but if she did this, he would respect her as his wife, the mistress of the household and mother of his children, after all, she didn't let her hard work of several years went in vain, she would marry him, and she would marry him with a grand procession and with pride. 

Emperor sighed, he stroke his long beard, "what does Zi Mo think of this? If Zi Mo accepted this, zhen will annulled the engagement immediately. What Yue-er said is true, it's better to prevent it rather than suffering a lifetime of heartache."

Dongfang Cheng Hao looked at that girl who still kneeled, his face was expressionless, his aura was cold, seen as he stood emotionless like that, Emperor also confused, but Li Xi Yue looked at him,

"Wangye, Yue-er grow up admiring you and spend these past years of my life praying for you, as long as you accept, Yue-er will bear the whole thing and will not dare to complain, i will go to the monastery and cutting my hair, and i will pray for you so that you will find a person whom you like."

Emperor was so moved, Li Xi Yue was so ready to sacrificed herself, a woman whose engagement was annuled would be shunned by everyone, they would never marry anyone, and the choose for them were either became a nun or die.

"Wangye, you are a good person, Yue-er believe that you will find a right person for yourself, when i become a nun, i will make sure to including your name in my prayers so that you will be blessed by Gods."

Emperor nodded, "Zi Mo, what do you think? You are Zhen's most faithful minister, Zhen will prioritized your happines and Yue-er also agrees. Come on, tell zhen."

"No." Huai Wang's cold voice could be hear echoed in the room, "wei chen still want to take An He Junzhu as my one and only wife."

***