29: meet him

The Bao Li guards all looked at the man who sat in the horse, his aura was imposing, that mask also uglier than the others, his Bao Li troops insignia craved in his armor, from distance, everyone knew this man was the head of them all. Li Xi Yue surpassed her excitement. She raised her head so their eyes collided, without flinched, she came closer to that man, everyone looked at the two of them with wary, the guards and maidservants, all of them were silent, only wind blew their clothes, she walked until she was close enough for him to hear then gave him a curtsy,

"this An He Junzhu thanked the Commander for the help. All of us here are indebted to you."

She maintained her posture without slighted, she didn't say anything when that man's burning gaze swapped over her figure, every Madams, and Young Ladies who saw her posture seemed shocked and admiration rose in their heart, no wonder she claimed title as the most talented woman in the whole Lian Dynasty, that posture deserved praise.

The man looked - assessed - her, then he muttered 'en', Li Xi Yue sighed relief inwardly, she then proceeded to walked back,

"you..."

Li Xi Yue stood still, afraid she might hear wrongly, she looked back at him, bowed again,

"this Junzhu will not wronged Wangye." she said again, then walked towards her carriage, Ji Ke, looked at the Young Furen and his Wangye, repeteadly. Commander of Capital's Garrison surnamed Sun, came with the Capital guards, he bowed towards them and thanked Bao Li troops, his eyes bulged when he saw two eye catching figures,

"this subject-minister greets two Junzhu, and apologised for his tardiness." he bowed towards them, Li Xi Yue snorted coldly, then walked inside the carriage,

"Commander Sun can tell that to Shengshang." she replied, her voice shook a little bit, "let's go back!"

Commander Sun gulped, he felt chill in his back, An He Junzhu usually was a good girl with kind and soft temperament, he assisted her in distributed porridge every winter to the unfortunate people, he knew her even a little and she never once used that cold tone, suddenly got that cold replied, Commander Sun felt scared.

After they assisted Commander Sun and his troops took all of the thieves, Ji Ke saddled his own horse and came close to his Commander.

"that's Young Furen," he said while stare at his stoic commander, the commander didn't say anything, "but what did Young Furen mean? Did she mean that because you're here she will end the engagement?"

"you talk too much!" came the cold reply, the more Ji Ke thought about this, the more he felt that this was true. An He Junzhu had waiting for his Commander for years, Grand Master Hui Kun told them several times that the Furen never once not asked incense for their Commander, Young Furen was this virtuous and loving wife even before she passed the house, even the Old Wang couple loved her very much, if suddenly she wanted to end the engagement between them... Ji Ke shuddered, bad bad, he shouldn't think like that. 

The next morning, after she woke up, Li Xi Yue took Li Xi Wan to Empress Dowager's Cining Palace, they had the breakfast there while their brother went to Imperial School. Empress Dowager Zheng sighed in relief when she saw that nothing bad happened to her two granddaughters.

"fortunately nothing happened to the both of you," Empress Dowager took their hands, "or Aijia don't know what will happen to me."

Li Xi Wan let out sobs while Li Xi Yue's eyes were red, "Imperial Grandmother don't be like this. This subject-granddaughter feel so unfilial for making you worry. It was my fault!"

Li Xi Yue almost snorted at her little sister's words, that girl became more and more proficient in acting, but she took handkerchief and wiped her tears, "what Xi Wan said are true. It was us, the granddaughters who are unfilial to make you worry like this. Please forgive us."

After a round of crying and begging, the act finally finished, Li Xi Yue sighed in relief, took the tea and sipped it. Then Li Xi Wan accompanied Empress Dowager while she went to Emperor's study, Emperor's small Eunuch came to retrieved her.

Li Xi Yue never wear veil when she was in the Palace, this place was practically her second home, and no one was in the Harem other than Imperial Consorts, Eunuchs and maids. Accompanied by her servants and Eunuchs, they went to Imperial Study.

Eunuch Mu welcomed her with a big smile, "Junzhu, Emperor ordered for your honored self to enter immediately when you come," Li Xi Yue nodded, she then gave code to her maid to gave Eunuch Mu some money, then she waited to be announced, after hearing the confirmation, she entered the study with a big smile.