chapter 9

Cherry was left alone in a corner with Ben as she was shaking. "What're you going to do?" she asked, very frightened of him now.

"I am going to make you pay and this time, your stupid mortal friends aren't here to save you and neither is that stupid mutt." Ben said, taunting like the true villain he was. That was a bad mistake on his part, however.

Cherry was actually scared and crouched up, shivering. "Just leave me be!"

"I don't think so..." Ben growled to her. "You see, I'm not very fond of children..." 

Patch finally made it there and leaped in the air, biting him on the butt, making him yell out in pain. 

"Sugar Rush Racers, ATTACK!" Vanellope decreed.

All of the other racers jumped onto Ben, tackling him and wrestling him down to the ground.

"Don't worry, Cherry, we're here to save you from this jerk." Atticus said.

"I wasn't scared..." Cherry had a small, grateful smile to them.

Vanellope rolled her eyes, but hugged the girl. "I missed you guys so much..."

Cherry smiled and hugged her back. "Missed ya too, Vanny... You behavin' yourself?"

Vanellope gave her a slightly annoyed look. "Who are ya, my mother?"

"I'm sure that she's been behaving herself, Cherry." Atticus chuckled.

Vanellope grinned as the Sugar Rush racers put up a good fight with Ben. 

"Get off me, you sugar infested twerps!" Ben shoved them all off and grabbed Vanellope by her hood, making her struggle.

"HEY, PUT ME DOWN, PSYCHO!" Vanellope yelled.

Rancis saw Vanellope in danger, his blood boiled as he showed a rare display of anger and he lunged for Ben, beating him up, shocking everyone else, especially Vanellope, she looked amazed between her shock however, she had never seen this side of the chocolate boy before.

"He has a thing for you." Atticus whispered to Vanellope, winking at her.

Vanellope blinked and blushed slightly, nearly matching Jubileena's skin tone. "H-He does...?"

Rancis finished off Ben, nearly knocking him out, then came to help Vanellope up. "You had a nasty fall..." he chuckled sheepishly and dusted her clean. "Uhh... Vanellope... Before anything happens... I... I... I uhh... I lov—"

"Ah, shut up, you dummy head." Vanellope scoffed before pulling his face to kiss him.

Rancis was shocked, then hugged her and enjoyed his first of many kisses with her.

"Aw!" Cherry, Atticus, Patch, and the rest of the Sugar Rush racers said.

Vanellope and Rancis held hands.

Vanellope then looked to Cherry, Atticus, and Patch. "Take a picture, it'll last longer," she rolled her hazel eyes, then smiled. "Come on, we better find your friends!" she said before going with Rancis, holding his hand.

Minty was about to walk with them, but she looked injured.

"Minty...?" Swizzle looked to her in concern.

"I think I twisted my ankle..." Minty whined.

Swizzle frowned, he then carried her in his arms and walked with her. "Here, let me help you."