Four: Sick day.

Trigger Warnings: swearing, vomit.

1262 words.

Charlie:

It's 10AM on a Saturday morning and I've woken up feeling really unwell. I try to haul myself out of bed but fail miserably, I think I have a bug. I decide it would be best to text Tori, if I can't get out of bed to tell her, she normally wakes up around 6-7AM, so she should be awake: hopefully.

Me: victoria, are you awake?

Victoria: Yes.

Me: i think i have caught a bug.

Victoria: Are you sure?

Me: yes victoria, i am very sure.

Victoria: Okay, I'll come up and check on you. Is breakfast needed?

Me: well, i just gagged thinking about food, so not right now but thank you for the offer.

Tori walks into my room without knocking (classic Tori) anyway, upon walking in she stops in her tracks looking at me. She looks extremely worried which is not very like her and that makes me start to panic.

"What?" I say, clearly stressed.

"You look extremely pale, Charlie. I think you should stay in bed today, I'll go to get the thermometer and some pills but can you tell me what is wrong first?"

I explain to my darling sister that my whole body aches, I feel like I could throw up at any moment and the thought of food is making me gag, that I feel really hot but cold at the same time and I have a real bad cough. She then goes to get the thermometer and some ibuprofen, paracetamol and a glass of water. She takes my temperature: it reads thirty-eight point two degrees, she then gives the the pills and water.

"I think you might have flu," She says after seeing my temperature, "I'm going to ask Dad to call the doctors."

"O-okay, can I call Nick?"

She nods her head yes and leaves my room, my throat is really hurting with this cough I have so I settle on texting him. It's now 10:20AM, he should hopefully be awake.

Me: nicks?

Nick: Char.

Me: i'm ill.

Nick: Are you okay?

Me: ...i just said i was ill, what do you think dumbass?

Nick: How silly of me. Is it a common cold or something worse?

Me: victoria thinks it's flu.

Nick: Oh... I'm coming over.

Me: nick, you will get unwell too.

Nick: I'll wear a facemask! Look, I don't get ill that often, I'll be fine.

Me: if you say so.

Nick: I do say so.

Me: okay.

Nick: Okay, I'm coming.

Me: <3

Nick: <3

I really hope him coming over doesn't make him unwell. Is flu contagious? I'm going to check. Oh fuck, yes it is, but it does say 1-4 days exposure of it, so if Nick is only exposed for a little bit: he should be fine, hopefully. My panicked thoughts are rudely interrupted by the feeling of sick coming up my throat, I jump up of bed a race to the bathroom. When I'm in, I fall down to my knees next to the toilet and throw up all the contents in my stomach from last nights meal. I've come to a break throwing up: the front door opens and just before, I'm assuming Nick, starts greeting my family I start throwing up. I hear him sprinting up the stairs and coming in my direction, he sits beside me and starts rubbing my back and comforting me. God, what did I do to deserve a boyfriend this nurturing. I am so lucky to have him.

"Oh, Char." He says, his voice soft after I've finished my second round of throwing.

"Sorry." I say while starting to cry.

He picks me up and carries me to my bed, he doesn't say anything else: he puts me down on my bed, tucks me under my quilt, lies next to me and cuddles me.

"You have noting to be sorry about Char, you are unwell and you threw up: it happens."

"Thank you."

Nick:

I feel so bad for Charlie, I had flu twice when I was younger and looking at him: he has it, he has it bad. We are cuddling in his bed while he tries to stop crying, I don't exactly know why he is crying but from what I remember from when I last had flu two years, it was so bad I was crying because I just felt that awful. When he has finished crying, he looks up at me and he doesn't need to speak for me to know exactly what he is thinking. I lean down and kiss him lightly, now he might not want me to kiss him in case I get unwell too but I did and there's nothing he can do about it, plus I've had flu twice, I don't think I will get it from kissing my boyfriend. After that, he snuggles into my side and falls asleep. He is so cute. Tori walks in and asks how he has been about half an hour later then leaves. I get my phone from my back pocket trying not to wake Charlie and open TikTok, on my 'for you page' Sai's account comes up and his videos are so funny. His videos make me chuckle a bit until I watch his third pinned video and it's titled 'POV: You are Nick Nelson.' he has tagged me and Christian (he was involved with making it). Watching it was so funny, Christian tackles Sai and he falls quite dramatically, it also has Sai playing Charlie and Christian playing me and it makes me feel attacked but in a funny way, they are doing stuff that Charlie and I do like random pokes and glances, tickling each other and other flirty stuff we do. They do some other drills of what I supposedly do. I start cackling so loudly I save and like the video and decide to comment on the video "Thanks mate, nice to know I have friends who can show me how much I inspire them." Sai reply's instantly: "Yeah, mate, we just want to kiss the ground you walk on." Then it's Christian's turn to comment: "Yeah, we just want to like you, Nick, so much mate." Okay, now I am crying while cackling, this is SO FUNNY! I feel something moving next to me and realize that Charlie is with me, oops.

"Sorry Char, I didn't mean to wake you."

"No you didn't, I was coming round anyway."

"Okay."

"What were you laughing at?"

I show him the video and he starts to laugh as well. He takes his phone of his bedside table and comments too: "wow, that flirting. you guys like each other? but yes, you have nick to a pin point lmfao." We watch a the rest of Sai's videos and comment on some, like some, save some until it is time for me to go home.

Authors note:

I hope you enjoyed this chapter and thank you for doing so. It has been so fun making this. I'm thinking of doing a chapter on when Ollie is older and starts dating a girl that turns out to be Ben's little sister. Here is a slight summery of what will happen: Ollie has started dating a girl, to invite to the family Sarah decides to have a dinner party, the Nelson's, Spring's and Ollie's girlfriend's family will be there, but why does Ben show up? If you want to see that please comment. As always if you want to have an idea you want to read, dm me on Instagram or TikTok (tea.gan05) or comment on the authors note! Wishing you an amazing rest of your day/night and see you on the next one!