Sixteen: But Why? Part Two

Requested by Meg_Kel1908

Trigger warnings: swearing, death threats.

1282 Words.

Nick:

Two days have passed since Charlie and I put Imogen in her place. I'm walking into school and everyone looks at me with a disgusted look plastered all over their faces. I didn't know what this is about. I go to form and sit down, Charlie's here before me. He's never here before me.

"Nick I'm so sorry." He blurts out.

"For what?"

"You-you don't know?"

"No?" I'm so confused, this day is getting weirder and weirder and it's only eight twenty in the morning.

"Nick, you've...you've been outed."

"WHAT?!"

"I'm so sorry, if I'd didn't kiss you yesterday this would have never of happened. It's all my fault. I'm so so so so SO sorry. I understand if you want to break up with me."

"Char, this is NOT your fault. Whatever has happened, has happened. I can't change the last, you can change the past and no one else in this universe can change the past. It is what it is. But I would NEVER and I will NEVER EVER break up with you."

"Really?"

"Really."

Mr Lange walks in and gets form started. My first two lessons before break are Maths and Geography. They go pretty smoothly. Unfortunately I get a few comments but it's nothing I can't deal with. I'm Nick Nelson, I can deal with anything people throw at me. Like I've said since I was young, if life throws you apples you eat them but if life throws you bananas, you throw the damn things right back. The moral of the story is that I'm being thrown apples right now and nothing anyone will ever say it do will be equivalent to throwing me a banana. Break comes around the corner and hues just as quick. I hide out in the art room with Charlie and we share a Oreo Dairy Milk Bar. I love them so much. We only eat half the bar but I eat a lot more than Charlie. He only had three squares. The next two periods I have are English and French. Someone calls me a slur in French but they are only apples. Luck comes just as quickly. Charlie and I are in the art room again and that's when Charlie notices something....

Charlie:

Nick and I are currently having a debate on wether Spanish or French is the best language. I look up and see someone in Higgs uniform with their phone out recording it taking photos of Nick and I. I try to make it seem like I don't notice them and tell Nick about it.

"Hey Nick, don't make it obvious but look over at the window."

He looks and notices them too.

"Oh, someone filming us. Why?"

"I have no idea. What do you think we should do?"

"You stay here and I'll ake it seem like I'm going to the toilet, I'll go confront them and once you see me out there you can come out too. Don't ake it too obvious by looking at them when I'm gone though, like, get a book out or something."

"Okay, be safe please. I like you."

"I will. I like you too."

Nick goes out to the persin in Higgs uniform and his face goes from curious to pissed immediately.

Nick:

I get round the corner to see who was recoding us and when I see who it is I feel absolutely betrayed. They haven't noticed be yet so it's time to make my presence known.

"What the actual fuck?!" I hiss.

"Nick. What are you doing here." They ask startled.

"What am I doing here?! I fucking go to this school!! What the fuck are you doing here?!"

"I was just - I was just looking at the artwork."

"You hate artwork, I'll ask one more time. What are you doing here?!"

"Uh...uh..I..."

"That's what I thought. Bkw what were you going recording Charlie and I?"

"It was for your Instagram?"

"Hah, yeah fucking right."

That when Charlie comes round the corner.

"Imogen?" He asks completely lost for words.

"Charlie hi! I thought you were in the classroom."

"Well I was until I saw you recording me. What's going on?"

"I...uh..I was getting pictures for Nick's Instagram, he asked me to."

"The fuck?! What do you fucking think you're up to, you fucking bitch?!"

"I was just, I was jus-"

"Wait a damn second, it was you wasn't it?"

"What was me?"

"You outed me, didn't you. You were so fucking jealous of Charlie and I's relationship that you thought it would be better for me not to have the choice to some out on my own time line."

"Wha..." Charlie asks, stunned.

"Go on. It was you, wasn't it?!"

"Alright," She laughs but it sounds wrong, "You got me. I snuck in and saw you kiss, I then decided for you that it was your time to come out. It's better for everyone to know that you're not the straight homophobe that you put yourself out to be. It was time for your queerbaiting to end."

"Are you having a fucking laugh? Are you actually having a FUCKING LAUGH?!?! WHY THE ACTUAL FUCK DID YOU THINK THAT I WAS QUEERBAITING?! I'M NIT STRAIGHT, I NEVER HAVE BEEN STRAIGHT, NEITHER HAVE I NEVER BEEN A FUCKING HOMOPHOBE IR A QUEER BAITER!!!"

"Keep the act up Nick. We all know that your entire personality is a fucking joke. You lying bastard. I hope you die in a while like all the other pigs like you do." She walks away and back to Higgs after saying that.

Ouch, that hurt. It's not true though. All of that is shit, all that just came out of her asshole of a mouth is shit. She doesn't have a fucking clue what she's talking about. Charlie hugs me from behind.

"Want to go report her? Mr Ajayi is back in his room now" He asks softly.

I nod my head yes. We repeat Imogen to him and he says that he'll talk to the head of his department about it and get it passed to Higgs. We're about to walk out when he calls us again.

"Hey boys?"

"Mmm?" Charlie and I respond in unison.

"You've had a really tough day and you big look so drained. Go sign yourself's out and go home and rest. I'll send them an email, okay?"

We nod out heads in agreement. I never saw today going like this but it has. Charlie and I sigh out and walk back to my place. I change into some joggers and give Charlie a pair of my joggers and one of my hoodies. We settle down to sleep and spend the rest of the day til dinner like that. Today is a Friday and since both Charlie and my parents don't know about us we manage to get a sleepover for tonight. God, today has been a lot but with Charlie by my side, everything will be alright.

Authors note:

Sorry for the late and postponed update. I've had a bit of writers block and about two percent of motivation these last few days. I've also just tested positive for covid this is morning so that is great. Anyway, you know what to do if you have any suggestions and what to do if there are any mistakes. I hope you have an amazing rest of your day/night and I'll see you in thr next one.

P.S. I don't think Imogen is really this bad but it had to be done for this story, all my apologies to you, Imogen.