Seventeen: Three Son-In-Law's

Suggested by Kelseyfraz

Trigger warnings: swearing

1230 Words.

Ollie:

I've met someone. The words that just came out my mouth while talking to my brother and his boyfriend. I don't know why I said it, I don't know what was going through my mind and I don't know how I want this conversation to go.

Charlie and Nick stop flirting instantly and their heads fly to look in the direction I'm in. This is going to be fun. My nosy ass brother with his nosy ass boyfriend. They begin to open their mouths. Here we go...

"You've met someone?" Charlie asks.

"Well that's what I just said." I confirm.

"About damn time! I've been waiting for this day since you started year ten! Okay I need all the details, who, where, how, what?"

"Who, where, how, what? Nick. What the actual fuck does that mean?"

"Uh, language Oliver." Charlie confronted.

"Charlie, I'm fifteen nearly sixteen. Swearing isn't that much if a deal."

"Mum would tell me off if I swore when I was sixteen."

"Whatever. Nick please don't you explain what exactly who, where, how, what means."

"Who: who is it? Where: where did you meet? How: how did you meet? What: what year are they in?"

Here it comes. My chance to Charlie and Nick that I'm not straight and went through a three month identity crisis for this.

"Who, his name is Asher. Where, in school. How, he sits next to me in maths. What, he's in year eleven." I answer looking at the ground.

I look up from the ground to meet their eyes. I'm expecting their faces to be shocked. I mean, I'm dating a boy as a boy for god's sake. But no, their faces are neutral.

"Y-you're not surprised?"

"Surprised about what?" Charlie asks.

"That super straight boy Ollie, isn't straight."

"Well Ollie, there was a time both Charlie and I thought I was straight when I was your age."

I'm the one with a surprised look on my face and they nod their heads while humming. They tell me all about when Nick was figuring himself out, their hideaways and literally everything about when they were dating at Truham. They then move onto asking me about Asher. I confirm that we are boyfriends. We have been sneaking around unofficially dating for a month and half before making it official two weeks ago. I tell them that he's gay, he's has known for a few years and he's out. I tell them that I'm omnisexual and prefer boys over girls.

"We should have dinner with him sometime." Nick states.

"Well it's currently only you two in the family that know about him."

"That's fine, we can have it round at ours sometime next week?" Charlie suggests.

"I'll have to ask him but yeah, that would be fun."

They came over to ours today. We spend the rest of the day just talking about what they call 'gay boy stuff' and it's actually really fun. I never knew there was a such thing but if I had to, I would spend the rest of my life talking about the shit that they talk about. We have spaghetti bolognese for dinner around six thirty. Around eight thirty they decide to leave and that's when I realise I've forgotten the text Asher.

Me
Hey, you awake?

Asher
yeah... it's only eight thirty. what's up?

Me
Do you want to come have dinner with me, my brother and his boyfriend some time next week?

Asher
omg, you told them?? i would love to
come, what day and is it at yours?

Me
I only told my brother and his boyfriend but yeah I told them. I don't know what day it is, I'll have to ask. It's at my brother's house but if you want to meet at mine first and then we can walk over we can do that.

Asher
okay, i've asked my mum and she said yes.

Me
Yay!! I checked with my brother, is next Thursday okay?

Asher
next thursday is perfect. aaand since it's the easter holiday, do you want to meet up tomorrow around mine at two in the afternoon?

Me
Of course!! I'll see you there then. <3

Asher
<3

I can't wait for tomorrow and next Thursday. I like Asher so much!

Charlie:

It's Thursday which means that Ollie and Asher are coming around today for dinner. Nick has been cooking for the last half an hour. He's kind of stressed out about it. I think it's that he decides he was going to make his own meatballs and they're taking longer than expected to roll and cook. It's fine though because it's currently two thirty in the afternoon and they are arriving at four. We're going to be playing some games and then having dinner around six to six thirty.

__________

One and a half hours later and the boys are here. I keep looking between Nick and Asher and I'm struggling to see any difference. I mean, there's a little but they look so alike. Asher has fair straight hair, hazel eyes, soft have shape and quite a muscular build. Nick has dark fair hair, brown eyes, soft face shape and a muscular build. Do you see my point? To make it even harder to tell them apart, Asher is interested in all the same things as Nick. Turns out that Nick is his favourite rugby player and Ollie hadn't told him about Nick being his brothers boyfriend. Hence the bewildered look when he opened the door. We talk a lot and we find out a lot about Asher. We find out that he is the best right player in the school team and he's the captain. We're still on the rugby subject when he brings up his Mum.

"Yeah, my Mum has always been a big supporter of my rugby."

"What about your Dad? Does he like rugby too."

"I don't know, from what my Mum told me about him, he is. He left before my Mum could tell him she was pregnant. My Mum was only fourteen when she had me and he was only sixteen. They had been together for about three months before I came into the picture. I don't know much about him to be honest. All I know that his name was David and he wasn't a very nice man. I'm always told that we're better off without him."

It couldn't be, could it? Is that why they look so a like. Nick and I share a look with the same meaning.

"What?" Ollie asks as we shoot our heads towards him, "What message are you sharing with the look?"

"Do you know anymore about your Dad, Asher?" Nick asks.

"Not much more. He is half french with an absent Dad, he's got a younger brother four years younger than him and the reason he left was because he was cheating in my Mum."

It can't be, can it?

Okay so I'm gonna have to carry this on in part two. It's getting a bit long. The next chapter that comes out will be something different but it will be explained in the authors note there. I wasn't meant for this to go this way, I just followed where the story was taking me lol. Anyway, stay tuned for part two!