Eighteen: I Didn't Expect This From You.

Trigger Warnings: swearing, mentions of sex, mention of food poisoning.

1499 Words.

Charlie:

Year twelve. I am aware that we are half way through the year but I'm still finding it weird. Like, I'm in year twelve, I'm head boy of Truham, I've been in a relationship with a 'supportive straight friend' for two years. I'm still struggling to take it all in. I know it's reality but it doesn't feel like reality. First on this Thursday morning, form. I love form. The reason behind this is totally not that I sit next to my stupidly hot boyfriend and stare at him for twenty minutes. I walk into the classroom and to no surprise, Nick is already there. Looking at him completely zoned out, obsessively staring out the window is nothing new and as always it sends butterflies straight to my stomach and all if the blood to my cheeks. Anyone else sometimes feel like their body betrays them? Like dude, I want to be the cool one here, haha.

"Hey." I announce as I sit down.

"Hm? Oh, hey." He says breaking out of his trance.

I giggle slightly. God, this boy. I'm starting to sound like I'm a little bit obsessed with him now, aren't I? Whoops.

"What?" He asks while giggling with me.

"It's just...you. I love you, you know that."

"Hmmm, I don't know Charlie. I mean it's not like you tell me that at least once a day."

"Hey!" Wow, is this Nick not saying it back, "I think you forgot to say something."

He pulls a puzzled face and I can see the wheel spinning in his head.

"What did I forget to sa- OH! I love you too my Char bear."

"Char bear?"

"Can I kiss you?"

"Straight forward much."

"Answer the question Charles."

"I don't know, can you kiss me?"

He pulls a face saying: Charlie Francis Spring, don't ballshit me, I cannot be assed to use the correct words for you.

"Why do you want to kiss me?"

"Maybe cuz I'm your boyfriend and I want to."

"Fine, I guess you can."

"You guess?"

"If you're gonna kiss me, you have exactly there seconds before I turn my head away and you won't get a proper kiss until I'm round yours tonight and we're having sex."

I don't even get to take a breath before he's kissing me. Jesus he wanted this. It's not a long kiss but it's not exactly a short one either. It's unfortunately broken when Mr Farouk comes in the room and clears his throat to signify couples time is over. Nick and I share an embarrassed look and pay attention to Mr Farouk. Or we try to. We're too busy playing with eachother's hands, legs and feet to actually pay attention. We always play this game to see who will blush first. Nick must be in a confident mood today because he slides his hand up all the way to place it on my dick. I've now lost, fuck you Nicholas Nelson. No wait forget that, I love him actually. Geez, I'm being soppy today. What's gotten into me?

Break time comes around the corner and everything seems to be fine. Tao, Isaac, Elle and I were meant to have a movie night last night but I had to bail last second as Ollie threw up and Mum and Dad were out on a date so Tori and I had to look after him. It turns out that he's now got food poisoning. Tao is being a little bit cold towards me and Isaac is reading a book and barley engaging so it's a bit awkward. I just stare at Nick playing a bit of rugby for the rest of break.