26. gave me the best of that

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX.
instagram and narrative

november 2, 2022: iowa city, iowa

freyarogers

liked by sydney

liked by sydney.affolter and others
freyarogers, I WILL NEVER HAVE THE WORDS. taylorswift thank you. thank you thank you thank you. i love you. holy shit.

view comments. . .

caitlinclark22, proud of you ❤️
comment liked by freyarogers

username1, i did not realize she was known enough to open for TAYLOR

username2, ARE YOU SERIOUS????

aarondessner, ❤️❤️❤️
comment liked by freyarogers

blakelively, this is amazing!! so happy for you, freya!
— freyarogers, thank you!! i love you so much blake <3

leahreynolds, SO READYY (ily, insanely proud over here)
comment liked by freyarogers

username3, anyone who gets pheobe, freya, AND taylor is extremely lucky.

monika_czinano, this is crazy, i literally love you
comment liked by freyarogers
— freyarogers, i love you more mon!

jadagyamfi, WHATTTT
comment liked by freyarogers

florencesamuelsofficial, is this what being a proud mother feels like?
comment liked by freyarogers

katemartin03, extremely proud of you reya 🤍
— freyarogers, thank you sunshine <3

When I hear the knock on my door, I know it's Kate. She told me that she was going to stop by after her class. Florence was at a class now and I had one this morning (never let me pick a morning class again). If she had knocked five minutes earlier, I would have been asleep.

Bowie barks at the sound from his spot on my bed. When I get up, he jumps down, walking at my ankles as I make my way to the door, "It's just Kate, Bow," I say, a soft chuckle slipping from my lips.

As soon as her eyes land on me, Kate's face lights up. There's a huge grin on her face as she looks at me. I smile, "Hi, sunshine," I say softly. There's a coffee and an aluminum container in her hands, her school bag hanging on one shoulder.

"Hi, baby," she replies, wrapping me in a hug. She closes my front door with her foot. My arms go around her waist as I press a gentle kiss to her neck. I'm not even sure she feels it.

After a few moments, I pull away, looking at her with a smile. She passes me the coffee and foil container, a plastic fork on top of it, "I got you some coffee and food. I wasn't sure if you'd eaten today," she says.

"I haven't. Thank you," I tell her as she kneels down to pet Bowie. As I place both things on the counter, I notice the lid of my coffee has her handwriting on it. It says for the prettiest girl ever! and it makes my cheeks heat up. Whenever we were in school together and she would buy me coffee, she always used to write little notes on the lids. I always loved reading them.

I open up the foil container to see chicken alfredo in it. I wasn't really hungry until I saw it. It was literally my favorite food. God, this woman has to marry me.

Unwrapping the fork from the plastic is comes in, I take a bite of it, immediately feeling like I'm in heaven, "That is so fucking good," I express, hearing a chuckle escape Kate's lips as I set the fork down and walk over to the stove to grab a napkin.

While I'm doing that, Kate stands up and takes a bite of the alfredo. She nods her head, "You're right, that is great," she says in agreement with me. I walk back over to her, wrapping one arm around her waist. I lift my head up to look at her and she takes a chance to kiss me. It's a quick kiss, more of a peck, but I welcome it either way.

"I saw you announced your tour dates with Taylor," she says and there's a smile on her face.

I nod, sipping on the coffee, "Yeah and she said that she's working on adding more dates. She wants me to have more shows," I explain.

Kate pulls me into another hug, kissing the top of my head, "I'm so fucking proud of you."

authors note
bella's an idiot and accidentally
deleted chapter 26 like a few
days ago??? anyway- luckily, i
remembered what it was !!
it's back, just rewritten!