47. i'll always choose you

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN

CHAPTER FORTY-SEVEN.
narrative and instagram

march 10, 2023: iowa city, iowa

My hands were shaking as I stood near the bar. This was my first time ever playing any type of music in a bar, let alone one in Iowa City. It was like an acoustic set as it was a bar and grill and was pretty chill, people scattered around and eating at tables.

"Baby, it's okay," Kate reassures softly, placing her drink down. She presses her hands to my waist, pulling me closer to her as I stood between her legs. I nestle my head into her neck, leaning on her. Kate slips her hand under my cropped long sleeve shirt, her warm hands running gently up and down my back.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" Leah's worried voice says, making me pick up my head and glance at her. I knew she could tell something was wrong based on my facial expression. Caitlin had a worried expression from where she stood next to Leah.

Kate squeezes my waist gently. "She's just nervous," she says for me.

"You're gonna do great," Leah tells me.

Caitlin hits my shoulder gently. "We'll be here the whole time, Frey."

I nod and take a deep breath. I look back at Kate who nods. She presses a soft kiss to my lips, hugging me again. "You'll kill it like you always do."

"I love you."

She smiles gently. "I love you too, baby," she replies.

Kate's hand falls from my body as I step away. I wave to them, making sure to include Monika, Jada, and Kylie where they sat. I step onto the stage, sitting down on a stool that had been placed up there. I grabbed my guitar, making sure it's in the write key before I played anything.

"Hey, everyone!" I greet with a grin. They look up from their conversations and their food to took at me. "My name is Freya Rogers and I'm here to just play you a few songs tonight," I explain. I hear Caitlin and Jada cheer from the bar and it makes me smile.

Before starting, I make sure to thank the owner of the place for allowing me to do this.

I clear my throat. "So this song is called Fault line. It's from my new album, Good Riddance, and I hope you like it."

Strumming the chords, I—slowly but surely—become more comfortable with being up on this stage. "You could go and I won't even feel it..." I sing gently, giving the crowd a smile.

When I finish with that song, I check the key for the next song. "Um, fun fact, I wrote a lot of the songs on the new album when I was fifteen and sixteen, so if you ever think my songs are about someone, they're nearly all about the same person."

I look back at Kate and wink at her. "Don't worry, the person I wrote these songs about is someone I love very much. Now, this is I should hate you."

After that song, I play This is what the drugs are for, Friend, Rockland, Where do we go now?, Block me out, Two people, Camden, I miss you, I'm sorry, Best, and 21.

"Alright, again, I'm Freya! You can stream my music on Spotify and Apple Music," I say with a giggle as people clap for me. A few come up and ask for pictures. Once everyone has gotten their picture if they wanted one, I put up my guitar and walk back over to the bar.

Leah rushes up and hugs me first, squeezing me tightly. I'm sure I squeeze her just as tightly. Surprisingly, Caitlin is the next in line to hug me.

Not wanting to leave Kate waiting, I hug her next, pressing a few kisses to her lips. "How many of those songs were about me?" she asked with a small smirk.

I shrug. "I don't think I'm gonna tell you that," I say, leaning into her and she kisses my temple.

katemartin03

liked by jasonrogersofficial and otherskatemartin03, so proud of my pretty girl ❤️tagged, freyarogers  leahreynolds

katemartin03, so proud of my pretty girl ❤️
tagged, freyarogers  leahreynolds

view comments. . .

username1, i was there!! freya was amazing :)

freyarogers, i love you baby <3
comment liked by katemartin03

leahreynolds, SEND ME THAT PICTURE OF FREY AND I
— katemartin03, done!

username2, i love her so much

username3, so how many of her songs ARE about kate
— katemartin03, i would also like to know!

jadagyamfi, stealing her from u brb
— katemartin03, no stop
— jadagyamfi, SHES LAYING ON THE COUCH WITH ME
— katemartin03, IN OUR APARTMENT

username4, she's so perfect
comment liked by katemartin03

authors note
them them them