37. old clothes fit larger

CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

narrative and imessage

december 25, 2022: los angeles, california

"Frey, you have a few more gifts," my mom says, stepping out of the room for a few seconds. It's 11 o'clock on Christmas morning. We got to sleep in a little. Elias is the only one still super eager to open presents, but he luckily lets us sleep.

I furrow my brows as my dad gets out his phone, pointing the camera at me, "What's going on?" I ask, glancing at my brothers. Both of them shrug their shoulders, Caspian has a small smirk on his face though.

My mom walks into the room with a bigger box and a smaller box. She places them down in front of me, "Who are these from?"

"Open them! You'll just have to see," Mom exclaims and I shake my head slightly.

I unwrap the bigger box first, making sure the wrapping paper gets to a trash bag that's near Elias, "I'm so confused," I say with a soft laugh as I tear the box open as it's only being help shut with Scotch tape.

On top is a hoodie that says "I ❤️ my hot girlfriend". I let out a laugh, turning it around to show my family what it says, "Kate sent her gifts here?" I ask and mom just smiles so I know the answer is yes.

At the bottom of the box is a black, velvet rectangle-shaped box. I smile as I open it, finding a necklace with a "K" pendent on it. I move my hair so I can secure the jewelry around my neck. Of course she would give a Taylor Swift based gift.

"Open the last one," Mom says. Dad is still filming, probably to send this to Kate later.

I grab the smaller box, unwrapping it and opening it the same way. When I get into the box, there's white crinkle paper at the bottom. A note and a ring box sit on top. I grab the note first.

i should've given you one of these a long time ago.
i will always keep my promises. i love you.
k xx

Have you ever thought about someone loving you so much that it makes you want to cry? That's how I'm feeling as I read over her note many times over, tears pricking my eyes.

I grab the ring box and open it. There's a silver band inside, a medium sized diamond in the middle with two smaller stones to the sides of it.

"God, I'm gonna cry," I say, covering my face with my hands. I feel an arm wrap around my shoulders and I assume it's Caspian since he was closer to me than Elias was. I lean into his side. Dad puts his phone down, a smile on his face.

Cas squeezes me tightly, "It's a pretty ring," he whispers, letting me sit back up as he keeps his arm around my shoulders. I take the ring out of the box and slip it on my finger.

"I love her so much," I say, wiping any tears that have fallen. I glance between each of my family members, "I'm marrying her one day, it's happening."

sunshine <3

love <3
i love you
love <3
you're my favorite
person ever

sunshine <3
oh well i love you too reya :)

love <3
baby i cried seeing the
promise ring.

sunshine <3
i know, your dad sent me
the video :)
sunshine <3
cas and leah helped me
get the gifts there

love <3
you're so amazing
love <3
your gifts are at my apartment
love <3
merry christmas
love <3
i can't wait to see you

sunshine <3
merry christmas my love <3
sunshine <3
i can't wait to see you either

authors note
i love them and christmas
chapters sm