Chapter 5

The sun peaked through a sliver of curtain, shining in my eye as I rolled over the next morning. After leaving his brothers in the lobby, Arthur and I easily found our room, which thankfully had a king-size bed. It would have been the worst case for Lorenzo and Arthur, but for us, it was okay. Arthur had offered to sleep on the couch, but with the size of the bed it seemed silly. We unpacked and then ordered room service before settling in to watch a movie. I must have fallen asleep at some point because I was still in my comfy clothes and not my pajamas.

I took in the boy next to me, sleeping soundly with his arm above his head and lightly snoring. He was beautiful. And sweet. He'd felt so bad about making us late and not having enough rooms, telling me multiple times he'd make up for it this weekend. I didn't really need him to, but it felt good to know he cared.

As I was lost in thought, I heard a grumbly good morning. Arthur was awake and staring right at me.

"You looked pretty deep in thought," he softly mentioned.

I smiled slightly, "Just thinking about how happy I am to be here with you."

He smiled broadly and slowly reached a hand out to cup my cheek. I close my eyes instinctively, feeling calm wash over me.

"I'm really happy you're here too Emmy," he whispered before gently pressing his lips to mine. I felt him start to pull back, but I couldn't help myself and leaned deeper into our kiss. His lips were so soft, and it felt too good to stop, cuddled under the warm sheets.

We kissed for a little while longer, getting more heated as Arthur pulled me underneath him. His hands had moved from my face and were gently roaming my sides. My hands buried in his hair. God, this felt incredible.

Before long, he pulled away to take a deep breath and looked me in the eyes, "Now THIS is the perfect start to the day."

I smiled widely at him and gave him one last peck on the lips, "What's on our agenda today?"

Given that Arthur wasn't racing this weekend, and he didn't think I'd be that interested in the practice sessions, we planned to spend the day sightseeing. Tomorrow and Sunday, we'd be at the track with his brothers, but today would be just us.

He rolled off me before pulling me tight against his chest. "First, I was thinking we could head downstairs and have a quick breakfast. Then I think we will make our way to Sagrada Familia - it will be busy, so best to get that done first."

I nodded as he continued.

"From there, we should stop by Park Guell. If it takes too long at Sagrada Familia we can either have lunch before or after the park."

"It sounds amazing. Do you think we may have time to go to the Picasso Museum? I saw some of his paintings in London a few years ago, but I know the exhibit here is amazing."

Arthur nodded, "We'll add it to the list! Dinner isn't until 8, so we should have time."

"Awesome!" I smiled. "Should we start getting ready?"

"Yup. You can shower first - I need to call Lorenzo shortly."

I agreed and jumped out of bed, picking out an outfit from my suitcase and heading to the bathroom to get ready.

+++

The day had been perfect. True to his word, we fit in everything, and I was in awe of everything we had seen. The cathedral had been beautiful, but I had been blown away by Parc Guell. The mix of the landscape with the architecture and the views of Barcelona were breathtaking. I had taken so many photos that I nearly ran out of memory on my camera. Arthur and I had taken dozens of selfies throughout the day, most of which I had already sent to Sophia.