Chapter 11

That weekend I accompanied Arthur to his F2 race in Germany. He had a strong weekend, coming in third fastest in qualifying and finishing the race in second. It had just been us and Lorenzo, and we'd actually had a lot of fun exploring the city. And now we were on our way to the Canadian GP.

Unlike the European races where we flew privately, we were flying commercially to Montreal, it being such a long flight. This meant that Arthur and I were on our own, Lorenzo and Charles taking an earlier flight. It was nice for it to just be the two of us for once.

"So, what's the plan for this weekend?" I asked Arthur after takeoff.

Arthur sighed before answering, "Lots of sponsor meetings. Lorenzo has a ton planned with some of the American based sponsors and companies. He really wants me to lock in another one or two before the end of the season. Particularly since I'm having a run of good luck."

I nodded gently, "Can I come to the meetings?"

"I'm not sure. I'll have to ask Lorenzo what he thinks. I'm sorry," he replied, his blue eyes looking at me softly.

"It's okay. I promise. If you have to work, you have to work."

"How did I get so lucky with you?" He asked and I smiled.

"I think I'm the luckier one. We're literally on a plane to Canada. How cool is that?"

He laughed before leaning over to press a kiss to my lips. "I love you so much."

"I love you more."

I ended up sleeping for most of the flight, and a few hours later we arrived at the hotel. When we got there, I was shocked to see a large crowd out front. There were always fans hanging around outside the hotels, but this group seemed huge.

"Woah," Arthur exclaimed.

"I thought it was just me! What are all these people doing here?"

"Someone must have leaked where the drivers are staying. Normally people just kind of guess, but this looks to me like they knew they'd all be here. Security is going to be a nightmare."

As Arthur finished his sentence, I could see Lorenzo coming out of the front of the hotel and towards our car. He opened the door and slipped in quicky.

"Hey," he greeted us. "Clearly there's a lot going on here. I think we should be okay to go in without security, but I figured I'd come help get Emmy inside, in case you get stopped Arthur."

Well. That was kind of sweet.

"Great idea," Arthur confirmed and looked at me. "You good to follow Lorenzo?"

I nodded emphatically, "Definitely. Should I grab our bags from the back?"

"No, security will grab them and bring them inside," Lorenzo responded. "Alright, let's go."

Lorenzo got out of the car first, grabbing my hand as I followed, with Arthur coming out after us. The second I had emerged from the car lights started flashing and people were calling my name. It only intensified when Arthur stepped out. As agreed, I followed Lorenzo straight to the door, not sure how far behind us Arthur was. When we reached the lobby, I realized he hadn't made it far at all, greeting fans to take pictures and sign autographs.

"Do you think he'll be okay?" I asked Lorenzo.

"Yeah, he'll be fine. Seems like the crowd is sticking behind the barriers." I nodded as he spoke. "Do you want to wait for him or head up to your room?"

"Umm. I think I may wait for him? I know you guys have a ton of meetings this weekend, so trying to get as much time with him as I can."

Lorenzo looked like he approved but handed me the key to our room anyway. "I'll try not to keep him away too much. How about we all have dinner on Friday night? It's currently free in the schedule."